Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Active 2 not supported

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy Active 2 not supported

I just bought a brand new Samsung Galaxy Active 2 LTE watch directly from Samsung.com.  Sprint is informing that the IMEI number is not supported. Samsung customer service states that all of their Samsung Galaxy Active 2 LTE phones are compatible. I have called Sprint several times and spoken with Samsung twice to no avail. Sprint's only advice is that I should return the phone and buy it directly from Sprint. Samsung wants me to get on a 3 way call with Sprint support. The phone manufacture date is 6/19/2020, so I believe Sprint just needs to update their systems to include the new Samsung IMEI numbers. Does anyone know of a solution? I feel like I just wasted $400 bucks and Sprint just wants a direct sale, so they are not helping me get this situation resolved. 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am extremely disappointed with Sprint support. Every support person told me my watch was incompatible with the Sprint network. I finally gave up and requested Samsung send me a RMA so that I could return the phone and purchase it directly from Sprint. Yesterday I was just about to factory reset the watch so that I could box it and send it back, but instead decided to try one more time. Surprisingly it worked. Amazing, I was told time and time again there was nothing they could do to resolve the issue.  Boo Sprint!!! I guess someone activated the new IMEI numbers.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
GrandMaster

this is from the BYOD list of devices allowed

Samsung
Galaxy A20
Galaxy A50
Galaxy A71 5G
Galaxy Book 2
Galaxy Fold
Galaxy Note 8

Galaxy Note 8 Special Edition

Galaxy Note 9

Galaxy Note 9 Special Edition (SPH-N960U1)

Galaxy Note 10 Open Market

Galaxy Note 10+ Open Market

Galaxy S7 Edge Special Edition

Galaxy S7 Special Edition

Galaxy S8

Galaxy S8 Special Edition

Galaxy S8+ Special Edition

Galaxy S8+

Galaxy S9

Galaxy S9 Special Edition

Galaxy S9+

Galaxy S9+ Special Edition

Galaxy S10 Lite (SM-G770U1)

Galaxy S10 Special Edition

Galaxy S10e Special Edition

Galaxy S10+ Special Edition

Galaxy S20 5G Open Market

Galaxy S20+ 5G Open Market

Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G Open Market

Galaxy Tab Active Pro

Galaxy Watch

Galaxy Watch Active2 <<<~~~~~~~

Tab S5e

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Device-Solutions/ANSWER-Is-My-Phone-Eligible-for-BYOD-with-Sprint/ta...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

Probably related to the other thread I started about Watch 3 not working.

It seems a script/process or person is failing to import devices possibly into the system unless some other internal thing is broken, which is possible.

Devices are failing the IMEI check which relates possibly to why the activation fails and CS is saying the devices are invalid. They are just taking screen errors at face value (which works 90% of the time to be fair).

I'm going to side with Sprint and say they aren't trying to force you to buy from them directly. That would be asking for an antitrust prob and some fines. It's going to be an honest mistake or technical glitch. The issue is getting the eyes on it instead of being treated as a one-off customer issue.

Seems like this really needs to get higher up the chain in Sprint...

Highlighted

I think the representative was honestly trying to help, but advising that I return the watch and purchase the same watch from Sprint rubbed me the wrong way. They have a 2 for 1 sale, which on the surface is a great deal, but I don't have anyone to give the 2nd watch to.  I am also pretty that this deal is dependent on me getting a phone plan for the 2nd watch. I bought my current watch (single) directly from Samsung for $30 less what Sprint is selling it for. I hope someone from the Sprint/T-Mobile sees this message gets this sorted out in the next 7-10 days. I have 15 days to return the watch to Samsung and the clock is ticking. I've been trying to activate it daily.. (smh)

Highlighted

Yeah, when the Samsung Watch 2 first came out, they were carrier specific, but an update has allowed them to be able to be activated on domestic carriers.  What model do you have (SMR825U or SM-R835U) and what is the error you receive when you attempt to activate it via the Samsung Watch app?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the SMR825U model with a manufacture date in June of 2020. I just tried activating the phone again and this time I get sent to a T-mobile activation page. Yesterday the website routed me to a Sprint page. In any event, the error message is as follows:

We are not able to tell if this phone is unlocked. Contact the original carrier to find out if your phone’s locked or visit a T-Mobile store to discover its status. We can't unlock phones from other networks.

Highlighted

Sorry, just re-read your message. The error on get on the phone app is:

Sorry - we experienced a system problem during your task.

Please dial *2 from your Sprint phone or call customer care at 1-888-211-4727 from another phone to complete  your task.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am extremely disappointed with Sprint support. Every support person told me my watch was incompatible with the Sprint network. I finally gave up and requested Samsung send me a RMA so that I could return the phone and purchase it directly from Sprint. Yesterday I was just about to factory reset the watch so that I could box it and send it back, but instead decided to try one more time. Surprisingly it worked. Amazing, I was told time and time again there was nothing they could do to resolve the issue.  Boo Sprint!!! I guess someone activated the new IMEI numbers.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Wizard

This sounds like the same issue for sure of the Galaxy Watch 3 thread I had and what was found. Samsung didn't send all the IMEI's to Sprint to allow activation and because Sprint is the most picky at device activations they require specific IMEI's vs. T-Mobile will just do the entire batch/ranges I learned. It was probably just a specific time period of devices that Sammy created that had been missing from the DB and now that's fixed since they re-loaded it all.

I agree it is a pain the responses and the way Sprint handled it. This should have been escalated internally to the partner support between Samsung and Sprint for your issue and the one I started with but instead had to fight 20 other ways to finally get an answer and get resolved. The flip side is as Sprint merges more into T-Mobile processes and systems this stuff should be less of an issue since they aren't as strict with IMEI's thankfully.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat