cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy J3 and Gear Fit2 Compatibility: Sprint Product Ambassadors

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Samsung Galaxy J3 and Gear Fit2 Compatibility: Sprint Product Ambassadors

As a happily married man, I have noticed that my wife’s to do list always gets accomplished faster and with more regularity than my personal exercise goals. This past week I decided to get a fitness watch to help nag me into being more active. My first choice was the Samsung Gear Fit2. After a little research, I noticed that the Samsung Galaxy J3 was not included on any compatibility lists that were posted. Feeling pretty confident that it was compatible, I decided to put it to the test. To test the compatibility, I looked at the specs of the phone, connectivity, functionality, and impact to the battery.

Specs: Pass

Gear Fit2 Requirements

Minimum Criteria

Galaxy J3

Operating System

Android 4.4

Android 6.0

Processor Speed

1.5 Ghz or above

1.5 Ghz

Connectivity: Pass

Using the Samsung Gear App, it was a snap to connect my Samsung J3 Emerge with the Samsung Gear Fit2 via blue tooth. Following the direction in the Gear Fit2 manual, the connection was very quick, easy, and intuitive.

Functionality: Pass

I decided to use the same 6 functions that the Gear Fit2 website used to measure compatibility:

1. Notifications: The only thing worse than not getting notifications is getting to many notifications. Using the Samsung Gear App on the J3, I was able to identify which notifications I wanted and which notifications I didn’t want. Some of the notifications I tested were: alarm, incoming calls, messages, schedule, and email. They all worked flawlessly.
  2. Calls: When I receive an incoming call I get an alert on the Gear Fit2 with an intuitive interface to accept, reject, or send a canned message. I do wish the Gear Fit2 had a microphone, but the connectivity with the Samsung J3 worked perfectly.
  3. Messaging: I get an alert with each message and I am able to read my messages on the Gear Fit2 as well as send canned replies without any issues.
  4. Apps: I downloaded a few apps like S Health, weather, and phone finder. All the apps worked perfectly with my Samsung J3 and Gear Fit2.
  5. S Health: The S Health app works seamlessly with the phone and the watch. I can easily select what I want to track, see my trends and get notifications when my targets are achieved.
  6. Watch Face: I was able to simply download 8 different watch faces from the Samsung Gear app on my Samsung Galaxy J3 and it automatically added them to my face options on the Gear Fit2.

Battery: Pass

I did see a considerable impact to my battery using Gear Fit2. Fortunately, the Samsung J3 has a great batter (2,600 mAh) so I am still able to get through the day with the Gear Fit2.

Conclusion:

If you are looking for something to nag you to stand up and be more active, the Samsung Galaxy J3 is a perfect marriage with the Gear Fit2.

James Smart

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

Sprint Employee
0 REPLIES 0
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat