Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN ISSUE AFTER UPDATE

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN ISSUE AFTER UPDATE

I hear ya cindririco. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I did that and lost everything, only to have the same problem.

Highlighted
Wizard

Seems like these connectivity  issues must be in certain areas would be interesting to see where their located.  That being said Not everyone is having issues so again it looks like either equipment in those areas or issues just with certain devices. At this point if people are having to disable bands then I would suggest trying another S10 or getting trouble tickets put in for those specific areas. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm in a rural area of northern california.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also had same issue in Sacramento.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The issue is everywhere, not just California. Indianapolis is my location. But after swapping, I stayed off the update and I'm good since then

Highlighted
Journeyman

Disabling Band 25 helped tremendously. This to me is still a band aid though and not a permanent fix. As a consumer, I should not have to alter my network profile settings to get the phone to work properly.

In addition, disabling a band varies city by city. Some people disabled 41...some 25....some 26....some 2 of the 3 mentioned. This worked for 'some'...but not ALL people experienced improved results by doing this.

I am still flustered that I even had to go this route to get a 'better' working phone. Also seems to be ONLY Sprint having the issue.

Still on the fence on keeping this phone. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I decided to do some research. It does seem to be only sprint having this issue, band 26 is supposed to help in rural areas and buildings, band 25 is supposed to be the main bandwidth sprint uses and as for band 41 sprint uses a double band 41 so imagine band41+band41 instead of let's say band2+band41 like every other phone company which is where their problem is stemming from I think personally anyway..

Anyways i live in southwest Michigan, I tried the whole disabling band 41 which just made my phone feel like it was going to explode from overheating tried disabling 25 and 26 to no avail. Nice of sprint to actually acknowledge they have an issue though seen that article today

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Ryanmlawyo got a link to that article?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Journeyman

Ty @hydragarguiem that is the exact article 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok I saw that article. Still dont really consider it as Sprint admitting a problem....its simply someone who claims they are "Verified Strategic Accounts Manager – Corporate" on reddit. 

Granted the sprint people I've chatted with have agreed there are others with S10/S10+/S10e having similar issues...they have formally come out to say anything in my opinion. 

I did a factory reset, turned off auto updates. Leaving Band 25 ON to see if the factory reset did anything to help in areas that having band 25 OFF helped before the reset. As usual, I'll keep you all updated. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat