cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN ISSUE AFTER UPDATE

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN ISSUE AFTER UPDATE

@Ryanmlawyo thats great! Same experience with my new one. Did you auto update by chance or disable that?
Journeyman

@rich_holm haha call me paranoid but I disabled auto update, and any time the prompt pops up I click later. I dont know if the first SIMs were the issue or not but I still dont  trust the update.

Journeyman

@Ryanmlawyo my thoughts exactly....however...I may update it sometime next week before my 14 days are up just to validate it was the preordered phone/SIM. And if the update messes it up...then that solves that LOL.

Journeyman

I exchanged my second s10+ today fir a third one.  Third time's the charm as they say.  So far, so good.  I made sure to keep the auto update feature off.

Journeyman

After an hour and a half on the phone I was finally "allowed" to exchange my phone. Total time on the phone with a sprint representative since I got this phone... 7 hours. Sent to a store yesterday, all for them to tell me that I had to call customer service for them to do it through the phone. I'm looking forward to getting a working phone. Definitely won't let it update.

Journeyman

@hydragarguiem Wow I cant believe they didnt tell you about having to do it over the phone if you ordered it online. 

My tech rep finished troubleshooting anything and everything with me...and then said well it seems at this point we should exchange your phone for another, let me connect you to the return kit group *transferred call*. 

Still waiting for the return kit...but at least my S10+ is working marvelously now. 

Just realized that I'm glad I got in time to get the Buds....part of me wanted the $130 samsung egift card. But upon closer inspection its basically just a raincheck for a set of buds or other mobile accessories. Would've been awesome to use for a Soundbar for my living room haha. 

Journeyman

Also got my return kit...this is really how they ship these back? One layer of bubble wrap and a semi-rigid box. Thru UPS.

I worked at UPS for several years while in school...this seems risky lol. I put extra bubble wrap, took pics and what not just in case.
Community Manager

Here is an update the Samsung S10 data issues:

SOLUTION: Samsung Galaxy S10 - Roaming or Poor Data

Journeyman

Since I got my phone replaced, I've bee using it without issues without the update. But holla the issue came back 2 days ago and I did disabled band 41 at Zionsville and worked on getting him is stopped at Kroger and I enabled 41 and it picked up network. Then a new discovery was when switched from wifi to mobile net, the phone quick reboot automatically. My take: this seems to not be the Samsung issue but the sprint network profile not programmed well.

Journeyman

@rich_holm if you do please let us know what happens lol, I'd really like to know if it is the update just ironic that without it the phones work no proble

@Em_Will_I_Am you sound exactly like the tech I talked to on the phone, definitely not the solution that worked for me. It was staying away from whatever that update is that worked for me.

Journeyman

@cindririco and your update screen in your settings page still looks like this? Screenshot_20190325-062526_Settings.jpg

Journeyman

Absolutely......I did not update it and kept selecting laterScreenshot_20190325-063244_Settings.jpg

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat