cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN ISSUE AFTER UPDATE

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN ISSUE AFTER UPDATE

Again it seems like its a issue with the S10 and some of the networks in certain areas and other people have had some issues as well on other carriers. So like with any new device launch some people will run into some issues. So far I've had No issues with my S10 so one thing I would suggest to people is you might see about switching out your SIM or resetting it. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

The message I got from Sprint Care on Twitter DM:

Sprint has received reports, that a small number of Samsung Galaxy S10 models report unexpected roaming and/or data loss. This potentially includes all the Samsung Galax S10 models. A joint team is actively investigating and working to resolve this inconvenience. Please allow us to know if you have an alternative phone number for us to call you and transfer you over out tech support team. - MK.

So they are aware and looking into it. Hopefully, an update comes pretty soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The factory reset and turning off automatic updates seemed to help. I did start seeing Band 26 all of a sudden when I previously did not see that band at all. Ultimately I did end up disabling band 25 and continue to have a better experience with the phone. I was contacted regarding my ticket, explained what I have gone through and they want me to exchange the phone. Not only to get a new device in my hands but to get me another 14 days of return policy. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I traded in my iPhone to get this phone, which hasn't worked for over a week. Does anyone know if we will get charged a restocking fee to try to get iPhone back?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Going to bestbuy right now to find out 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Exchanged today at a corporate store after they made me call the tech line from their store, the manager (I'm assuming) overheard me talking to tech support and already had an exchange ready, I ser it up in store to be sure the lady that checked me out avoided auto updates via wifi and so far it's great 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah not sure how they would get your your traded in phone back...not impossible...but sounds cumbersome. 

I initiated the exchange over the phone yesterday. My replacement will be here today. I will make sure to not update it like I did after the factory reset. Im expecting similar results as my current phone to be honest. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wish ya the best @rich_holm, I've yet to have any problems with the new phone I received yesterday and even got my Samsung Pods in the mail today so as of now Im a happy camper

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Ryanmlawyo yeah my buds are en route (wish I had the option for a black set over white) and my 'new' phone is waiting for me at home.

So your new phone you made sure NOT to update it right?

I think that disabling band 25 is still the best fix for my case right now for most areas. However, both my LG V20 and S10+ have about the same service at my work so all I can assume is the coverage here is pretty weak/lackluster. Inside it doesn't exist, but right when I leave the building I have perfect LTE. In another work building after disabling 25 I started to get 1-2 bars of LTE where I used to get 0 service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@rich_holm I also wish I could have opted for a black pair over white.

Yes I activated it and set it up over LTE, afterwards the first thing I did was go into the settings and turn off the auto update over wifi, then connected to my wifi, got the prompt asking me if I wanted to update which I just pressed later, gave the usual options, later, overnight, scheduled date.

I work inside of a factory myself, so I know service should be less than satisfactory. I had the note 8 before this and sure my coverage inside was a little spotty but never did I have to walk 1500 ft to outside for it to send a text. I tried to disable each band individually which didn't help my case at all, my phone would feel like it was just overheating searching for a signal.

Not downloading the initial update has worked so far for me and hasn't hindered the phone itself in anyway that I've noticed. (All settings still work including fingerprint scanner) 

The nice part is now I'm not needing to constantly be on wifi while at home, I'll be back on Friday to report how it is in my shop 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Image for referenceImage for reference

No scheduled update no last update information after turning off the auto update directly after setting up the phone over sprint's LTE network

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've also read that the phones preordered online (initial shipment) had problem SIMs but who knows if that's true or not 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat