cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN ISSUE AFTER UPDATE

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN ISSUE AFTER UPDATE

Great info @Ryanmlawyo 

Yeah that's what I did after the factory reset. Turned off auto update and my settings page looks like your screenshot. I'll keep you all posted as usual. Besides the reception (which seems to be a sprint thing), the phone is incredible. Camera is fantastic, screen great, super fast.

Maybe the SIM's are the issue? Who knows. I doubt we'll ever get a legitimate answer.

Journeyman

I couldn't exchange mine a second time. I was told to either do a factory reset or wait for a fix.
Journeyman

I've had two s10+, both of which had/have the data problem issue. One was a preorder from sprint.com and one from a corporate store. If it's just a few people having problems, I wouldn't think I would get two.
Journeyman

I have the exact same problem its terrinle!

Journeyman

So I got and activated my replacement S10+ with new SIM card (insanely fast by the way, requested the exchange Tuesday afternoon...received replacement Wednesday afternoon). I deactivated the automatic update. Restored the Smart backup I made so I wouldn't have to redo all my settings/apps etc.

So far it is working flawlessly. In fact, my service at work is actually BETTER than it was with my previous phone. So maybe it was a SIM issue, I dunno. So far it is leaps and bounds better than it was. I'm waiting for my return kit to return the 'bad' one. I will update you all as usual.

Journeyman

Check the carton used in shipping your phone, your return kit is inside. It's a little ashes color box flattened in that box. And you will see instructions on how to return, you dont need to return the former box cos it cant fit in. So you have double accessories like me.

Journeyman

Hmmm, I'll have to double check when I get home. Didn't see anything besides my new phone, instructions on how to activate it and the packing airbags.

I did check online and it does show that they sent me a return kit...but no info how just that they sent it on 3/19.

Journeyman

Yes you'll see it and 2 packing bags to put the phone in before placing it in the box. Did you find instructions on how to return? All is there.

Wizard

@rich_holm  Yes like what was pointed out there should be two bubble like bags then a folded box inside to put your old device in then you just seal it and put the return shipping label on it. 🙂 

Wizard

Just a thought folks might try removing the sim and re-insert it then do a reset on the network settings to see if that clears things up..  Also folks might trying switching out their Sim Cards with a different that came with the device I have read that has fixed some issues as well. 

Journeyman

I removed the SIM several times as I installed/removed my SDcard...didnt change anything.

This new phone and/or SIM are leaps and bounds better reception-wise.

Also I just got home and turned the box I received my phone inside and out...there is nothing in it. Even took it apart/flattened it just to make sure I wasn't "crazy" and over looking something. Only the new phone, instructions on activation and packing airbags. Gonna reach out and see whats up.
Journeyman

Back Friday evening as promised and without the update, having been to work and back. I will say....I've been getting even BETTER reception than my note8 did in my plant, the phone is a marvel and works flawlessly as one would expect it should, my case has been closed (:

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat