cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10+ Unlock Complaint

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S10+ Unlock Complaint

Looking story short:

Two customer service agents told me I can get my new phone unlocked as long as I paid the phone off and my account is in good standing. 

I went out to buy a brand new phone and paid it completely off. 

Third agent said they cannot get it unlocked due to policy. Her lead had me wait an hour for her to call me. When she did call, she told me to go to sprint.com/unlock to read the policy. Ridiculous. 

I've emailed customer service and I've had no response. I am going out of the country in less than 2 weeks and will need my phone unlocked so I can use an international SIM card. 

I need this escalated. I bought a phone on Sprint BECAUSE the agents I've talked to first said I can get it unlocked before my trip. Otherwise I wouldn't bother. I need a solution. 

Thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Social Care

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10+ Unlock Complaint

Hello @Doriscdoe, we would like to help you get this resolved. Did the third agent say why the phone doesn't meet the unlocking policy? In order to unlock the device, there are certain requirements that it needs to meet, among the most important are:

• That the device is unlock capable.
  • That it is fully paid, meaning that it cannot have any pending contract nor balance.
  • Never has been reported lost or stolen. The account last associated with the device must be current.
  • To get information about other requirements, please visit: http://sprint.co/2HF8FlH. If your equipment meets the requirements, we can proceed with your request. Please send us a private message with the account number or account name last associate with the device.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

@Sprint_Jeffrey 

Because the phone is brand new, it hasn't been on the sprint network for 50 days. However, the agents I talked to prior did NOT mention that. If they did, I wouldn't have bought the phone because the purpose was to get it unlocked and use it overseas for my two week vacation. 

Sprint Social Care

@Doriscdoe, we totally understand where you are coming from but unfortunately, if it doesn't meet our policy, we won't be able to unlock it. 

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

@Sprint_Jeffrey 

So agents can just screw me over? Is that what it is? 

It makes no sense to me that the company can't follow up in what their agents say. I specifically stated that if I buy a phone and need it unlocked in 3 weeks -- if that was possible. And two of them said yes. 

Is there a way to get a full refund on my phone then because I have no use for one that's not unlocked. 

Sprint Social Care

I get what you're saying, however, it's not possible to override this policy. If we attempt to process the unlock, it will be rejected by our system. 

If you're traveling internationally, we have great plans that include international features while traveling abroad. 

Most of our plans include Global Roaming, which provides you with unlimited text, data at 2G (with option to buy high speed) at no cost and calls at $0.25 per minute.

Where are you traveling to? 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

@Sprint_Ciara 

I would be traveling to Sapporo and Seoul. But  with Sprint, I would have to pay extra for the 4G speeds. My family would be providing me with the SIM cards when I am there which is why I needed my device unlocked. 

Sprint Social Care

You are right! But you are going to have to pay for a SIM plus a Data plan while you are there. Sprint ofers:

• Free text
  • Free basic data
  • Affordable fast data
  • 25¢ global voice calls

For more information on the rates visit: https://sprint.co/381x8Q1

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

@Sprint_Juan 

The sim cards paid by my family means I don't have to pay. (4G LTE, unlimited data)

Getting faster speeds from sprint means I do have to pay since sprint does not offer 4G LTE for free overseas 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat