cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10+

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S10+

This is the absolute worst phone I have ever had with Sprint and I have been with Sprint for over 10 years.

This phone constantly drops calls

This phone gives me an error that says Call Not Sent & Mobile Network Not Available - daily

This phone text does not always get sent, they come back with an orange exclamation point - daily

Now you/Asurion want to send me a refurb phone (read someone else's issue) because they know this phone on this network is the issue, this is completely insane

All I wanted was to get rid of this useless brick with a different phone no penalty since you are COMPLETELY aware of the issues this phone has on YOUR network 

I am completely frustrated with the lack of customer service and awareness your company seems to have with the KNOWN issues on the 10+

When is this going to be fixed why can't you have a better process?  This is not a good customer experience 

17 REPLIES 17
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10+

I understand it is frustrating. We did ask that all customers who had issues with the S10s to have them replaced. We could not exchange them for different type of phone. 

GrandMaster

funny you mention this..because they were an issue on ALL the carriers...simple google search would show you that one. the circuit board itself needed changed out on quiet a few of them..which means physical issue...not network related issue.

@grayjlynn wrote:

This is the absolute worst phone I have ever had with Sprint and I have been with Sprint for over 10 years.

Now you/Asurion want to send me a refurb phone (read someone else's issue) because they know this phone on this network is the issue, this is completely insane

All I wanted was to get rid of this useless brick with a different phone no penalty since you are COMPLETELY aware of the issues this phone has on YOUR network 

I am completely frustrated with the lack of customer service and awareness your company seems to have with the KNOWN issues on the 10+

When is this going to be fixed why can't you have a better process?  This is not a good customer experience 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Which is hilarious.

First why does it matter to you what phone I am using as long as I am still getting a phone and service from  you/Sprint.  You can send the useless brick back to Samsung they can refurb and send back to someone else, oh that's right ... that is what they are doing to me

Two, if you get a bad meal at a restaurant and it makes you vomit and get sick and the service is horrible, do you want to go back to that exact same service, uuummm probably not

Three, you want to send me a refurb phone, again ... someone else's problem and I don't pay monthly for a refurb phone, so I guess my lease will go down since I am now getting a phone that someone sent back to Samsung because it did not work for WHATEVER reason, doubting my lease prices changes 

My custom experience was lacking and Sprint could careless for what is a KNOWN issue

And before you "asked" me to replace, you asked me to update a gazillion times, updated my CIM, removed stuff ... you really don't want your customer to be happy

GrandMaster

you mean they asked you to perform the same things listed in here for this specific device?

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Device-Solutions/UPDATE-Samsung-Galaxy-S10-10-Model-Roaming-LTE-Issu...

specifically this part?

Actions

• Always ensure basic device troubleshooting steps are completed. These steps include but are not limited to:
    • PRL update
    • Profile Update
    • Software update
    • Power cycle
    • Factory data reset
  • If the device is experiencing intermittent Voice/Data loss, ensure the phone has been updated to Software Version ASC8.  This should alleviate the issue.
    • If the troubleshooting efforts result in the device reacquiring and maintaining LTE then it does not need to be exchanged.
  • If the device just stays in permanent Voice and/or Data loss, updating the software will not help.  There is no troubleshooting workaround to fix this.
    • If you have a device that is in permanent Voice/Data loss, you will need to exchange the device per normal policies. 

@grayjlynn wrote:

Two, if you get a bad meal at a restaurant and it makes you vomit and get sick and the service is horrible, do you want to go back to that exact same service, uuummm probably not

My custom experience was lacking and Sprint could careless for what is a KNOWN issue

And before you "asked" me to replace, you asked me to update a gazillion times, updated my CIM, removed stuff ... you really don't want your customer to be happy

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

Unfortunately, the S10 cannot be exchanged for another device because it would be outside the Satisfaction Guarantee period. With that said, we have to look at our options.

Option one:  Contact 1-800-Samsung and perform a warranty replacement.  The bad side of this, Samsung usually requires you to send the phone back and you would be without a phone while that fix it.  Some say they replace the circuit board and send your phone back, while others say they got a refurb.

Option two: Contact Asurion.  They will send you a loaner, then you send your phone in for repair.  I've heard you get a refurb and I've also heard of board replacement with them.

Now to address the reconditioned/refurb perspective.  I know the term refurb has a negative connotation, but that is not always the reality.  Refurb does not always mean used especially on recently launched devices.  Initially, these devices are unknitted directly from the OEM for seeding stock.  They are not remanufactured handsets and likely will not be until later into the lifecycle of the device post-launch.  Therefore, these are not "used" phones, but are really just a "new" phone in a non-new, non-descript box like a refurb device.  Not to say you will not get a "used" device, but given we are so early in the launch cycle, your chances are good you will get a "new" phone as I described.

Journeyman

I continue to have these same issues as well. Despite the fact that I've did everything under the sun that was suggested. I've even had a replacement phone sent to me and still no relief. I'm at the end of my rope here. I'm kicking myself for even getting sucked back into Sprint. The only reason I came back was for the Galaxy s10+ and my phone still continues to drop calls, have low phone volume, (despite it being as high as it can go), moments where I can't hear the caller and they can't hear me (this happens when speaking with  people from various carriers (Sprint, Metro Pcs, Verizon...). There has got to be a better way than this.

We can send you another replacement phone and see if that does the trick. How long have you had this second one for?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

I started service with Sprint in April. I didn't realize the extent of the issues with the phone until after the 30 day guarantee was up. I was sent a replacement in July. I'm still having the same problems as before. I update the profile and prl multiple times daily. I restart my phone every 7 days. My latest software update is current.

If the phone is still having issues to that extent then it's probably also  defective. We can send you another one. 

Journeyman

What do I need to do in order to initiate a return? Will I receive the replacement before having to send my current phone in?

You'll have to file an insurance claim with Assurion. They should send you the replacement asap and then you can return your phone. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat