cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S7 Not Compatibile

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S7 Not Compatibile

Trying to activate my Samsung Galaxy s7 (SM-G930V) on Sprint BOYD plan. Sprint tells me the Phone is not compatible and will not activate however the phone is listed as compatible on their BYOD phone list. What do I do?

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 Not Compatibile

Hey Arash! Was that phone purchased in the US? At this time, we're only allowing US market phones to be activated on our network as BYOD. 

Yes! Bought ins USA and it is bought from Verizon.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Ok, it probably just needs to be loaded into our system.  Can you please send me a private message with the MEID? I'll be happy to help out with this.

Hello, the only version of the S7 that we can accept is the Special Edition model that was made by Samsung and is a true 'unlocked' phone. If it has carrier branding (such as yours from Verizon) it was built specifically for that network and we are not setup to accept that device as it was not built for Sprint. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

GrandMaster

this would be the Samsung part of the BYOD list Greg mentioned.  Special Edition versions only.

Samsung
Galaxy Book 2
Galaxy Note 8

Galaxy Note 8 Special Edition

Galaxy Note 9 Special Edition (SPH-N960U1)

Galaxy S7 Edge Special Edition<<<<~~~~

Galaxy S7 Special Edition<<<<<<~~~~~~~~

Galaxy S8

Galaxy S8 Special Edition

Galaxy S8+ Special Edition

Galaxy S8+

Galaxy S9

Galaxy S9 Special Edition

Galaxy S9+

Galaxy S9+ Special Edition

Galaxy Watch

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat