cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Verizon vs special edition

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Verizon vs special edition

I am very interested in switching from Verizon to the Sprint one year free BYOD plan but Im a little confused on whether the S7 edge can be used as an eligible phone.  I know the promotion says s7 edge special edition is an approved phone, buy when I enter the imei in the checker it says my phone is not eligible....so I assume I have a regular S7 edge?  Just want to make sure Im not missing something.  I bought the edge directly from a Verizon store 2 years ago, its not on contract and is paid off.  TIA to anyone that can help or even just confirm that I need a different phone before switching to Sprint.

3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Verizon vs special edition

Hi @Jasoboe. The Samsung Galaxy S7 Special Edition is a true Android Unlocked device. Customers can purchase this device directly from www.samsung.com and bring it over to activate on the Sprint LTE Plus Network. On the other hand, even when Verizon phones are sold unlocked, that version is not eligible to be activated on Sprint. You can check the eligible phones visiting on our BYOD 1 year website under the FAQ's.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I don't see any Samsung Galaxy S7 Special Edition on Samsung's website.  There are a lot of Samsung Galaxy S7  Edge 32G B (unlocked), or Galaxy Edge 32 GB (various carriers).  Are any of them special editions?

Hey chyphen. Sprint does not offer the Galaxy S7 Special Edition but it does work on the network. If you are in the market for one, I would STRONGLY suggest you make sure to pick one up from a reputable reseller. I've seen too many people get burned buying a phone with a bad history and they end up with a fancy paperweight that can't be activated on the network.

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat