Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S7 not linking to 5GHZ home wife

Go to solution
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S7 not linking to 5GHZ home wife

Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and I can't get internet while linked up to the 5GHZ wifi.  I can get internet on my 2.4 GHZ setup but not the 5GHZ.  I have made sure to turn off Smart Network Switch.  I have made sure to make the 2.4 and 5 different user names.  I link up to 5GHZ and it says Internet may not be available and a message comes up that says Can not connect to the internet.  Try another network.  When I click on the 5GHZ user name, it says Network speed:  Very strong (173 Mbps), Security WPA2 PSK, and I'm not going to show IP address unless necessary.  Can someone please give me some insight on this situation?  Thank you.

David

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 not linking to 5GHZ home wife

I meant 5GHZ home wifi. Not home wife. She would be irritated.
GrandMaster

when ARENT they irritated?

all other devices are able to connect to it just fine?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes.  I finally figured it out.  For some reason the 5Ghz wifi was set to static IP instead of DHCP. Once I finally put it on DHCP it worked.  Thanks for the reply.  I appreciate it.  And..... wives are ALWAYS irritated.  

Semper fi and thanks20180611_165309.png

GrandMaster

*takes a bow* no worries Devil D.

0321 by the way..well..in my youth lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat