cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S7 not receiving Text messages from other networks

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S7 not receiving Text messages from other networks

I went to Japan for 9 days and when I came back I found out 2 weeks later that I was not receiving text messages from non sprint customers.

After multiple chats online, a stop in the sprint store, and a phone call of 1 hour and 45 minutes later with 3 separate technicians my phone still does not work. We have probably reset my phone a hundred times, updated, and cleared the cache nothing to resolve the issue.

On top of that the last technician, Keenan in Oklahoma, confirmed with me twice that he would send a new SIM card to my address in River Falls, WI; come to find out it was delivered to my mother's address in Fond du Lac, WI. She called Sprint to see what she should do with it and was disrespected by the sprint representative; questioning with major "sass" if she knew her own daughter's (me) address.

We have been LONG time sprint customers and we are about to pull the plug with the inability to fix the messaging along with the disrespectful service!

16 REPLIES 16
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 not receiving Text messages from other networks

You nor your mother should have been treated that way. Sounds like you went through a ton of troubleshooting for the device. I would assume they put in a ticket, and that is when the advanced tech offered to send SIM. Getting that SIM would probably help. I am not familiar with how far your mom is from you, but you should be able to visit any Sprint store to get one. That is if you are unable to get the new SIM from your mom. 

Journeyman

Thanks Katey,

I'll be going into the store this afternoon, hopefully there won't be any more issues.

Hopefully all goes well. Best wishes and let us know how it goes!

Journeyman

After installing the new SIM card and factory resetting my phone. I still do not receive text messages from non-sprint networks. They receive mine but theirs do not come through. HELP!

Journeyman

Update: My phone still does NOT work! I wasted over 2 hours in the store with a technician, their conclusion was to factory reset again and if that does not buy a new phone.

I factory reset again, it still did not work. So I asked if we could trial a new phone to see if it actually would fix the issue. I went back in and the put my number on a new iPhone and low and behold it STILL does NOT work. They then put a ticket in to "reset" my network over a week later still no resolution or fix!

Sprint is forcing me to switch networks if they do not figure this out!

I would like to be updated to make sure this is being worked on and compensated more than $5 for not having SMS messages for over a month due to Sprint's issues.

My ticket #393778-190403, if my phone is not fixed by the end of this week 4/12/19 me, and the other 2 lines on our account will be switching networks! @ldswast 

HI There,

I'm sorry you are still experiencing issues. Did you do the recent Samsung update on your device? 

Journeyman

Journeyman

My phone is on automatic updates the link you provided also does not work.

I checked the ticket number you provided and I see it has been worked. Are you still not receiving text today? 

Journeyman

Thank you for looking. No I still do not receive SMS from non sprint networks.

Thank for the update, sorry you are still experiencing issues. I am going to reach out to our tech person and see if he has any other ideas of why this could be happening. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat