cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 Enhanced Messaging

Go to solution
Community Manager

Re: Samnsung Galaxy S8 Enhanced Messaging

For future reference, the PMs to the agents go into a kind of bucket that gets worked by whomever gets to it first, so only one is usually required.  

I solved the issue of notifications I want versus ones I don't by customizing my Do Not Disturb settings.  My son, who works until 3 AM can text me at any time in case his junker car won't start (which has happened) but I won't get goofy texts from friends until I turn off DND.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

I need to be able to hear them all but I only need respond to the one that has a specific ringtone.
Journeyman

I was able to get a code from sprint 9329 to log into my account so I don't think that'ts it unless they block certain ones..

Community Manager

Try this from the Contact you want to have a specific sound.

Edit >  View More (just above the Scan Business card button) > Scroll all the way to the bottom > Ringtone/Message tone.

Let me know if that works.

SeaWolf
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

It defaults to the sound I have set in Messages..

Journeyman

Chatting with Sprint and short code messages are not blocked on my number.

Community Manager

Yes, mine was set to a default as well but I was able to change it to a specific one for an individual contact while all the others kept the same.  Just tested it.  If that's not what you're looking to do, maybe I'm not understanding the problem.

I did send the question about folks not receiving the short code to the device folks but that can sometimes take a while before I hear. 

SeaWolf

Journeyman

Here's the problem with Sprint chat. They do not know what updates were done and they always tell me to contact Samsung.

The Verification text comes from Sprint as well as the enhanced features text message.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a SG+8 & also received the update 4 enhanced msging. However, my many repeated attempts to complete the verification process were for naught. Every attempt resulted in being kicked to my contacts page. No verification text from Sprint was ever sent to me. The Sprint Store employees tried their best to troubleshoot w/o success. 

Journeyman

@seawolf wrote:

Team, I have an S8 and was pretty sure I've been using the feature all along so I was a bit confused about the discussion.   I spoke to our Product people and verified, yes it's definitely part of the S8, The feature is no longer called out as Enhanced Messaging in your settings because it's been more completely integrated into this build and is part of Samsung's rich communication services suite.

What is it about the way your messaging behaves that makes you believe it's not included?  Is something not working as you would expect it to?

This post is outdated and misleading to me . It should reflect the broken 8/14/2017 update. 

Master

you should read the other posts she did.
She did confirm that she did not have it on her S8 and that she was waiting for the update just like the rest of you.
I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

After 3 hours on the phone with Sprint, TEP, and Samsung last night. Each blames the other or my phone. I told them that others are having issues it isn't just me. With that said my wife's phone activated enhanced feature fine. They offered to send a refurb phone since I've already went with a new SIM and factory reset a few times. That will be my last course of action. Let's hope we hear of a resolution.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat