cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 Enhanced Messaging

Go to solution
GrandMaster

Re: Samnsung Galaxy S8 Enhanced Messaging

if you can hold off for a bit on any of that. it could end up being a quirk random device issue that they can figure out. keep in mind this is newly released for this device so its not going to be unheard of for random small issues to pop up here and there.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

@Earlybird wrote:

@seawolf wrote:

Team, I have an S8 and was pretty sure I've been using the feature all along so I was a bit confused about the discussion.   I spoke to our Product people and verified, yes it's definitely part of the S8, The feature is no longer called out as Enhanced Messaging in your settings because it's been more completely integrated into this build and is part of Samsung's rich communication services suite.

What is it about the way your messaging behaves that makes you believe it's not included?  Is something not working as you would expect it to?

This post is outdated and misleading to me . It should reflect the broken 8/14/2017 update. 

You are correct @Earlybird, this is outdated.  I'll adjust Smiley Happy

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community Manager

@Gia4611 wrote:
Did Sprint remove the enhanced messaging feature on the Samsung Galaxy S8?

Enhanced Messaging was added to the S8 as part of the most recent software release.  For more information, please see the Software Release Notes thread.  

We're currently tracking reports that users may not receive the short code confirmation that Enhanced Messaging has been enabled (and thus the service may not be fully enabled) or they may get more than one such SMS notification.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 wrote:
if you can hold off for a bit on any of that. it could end up being a quirk random device issue that they can figure out. keep in mind this is newly released for this device so its not going to be unheard of for random small issues to pop up here and there.

Actually some S8 owners had a form of enhanced messaging almost 4 months ago. My wife's s8plus with Android Messages already had it when she received it preorder. I get people trying to help but its funny to me when they actually try to help and don't even have the same phone. Sometimes comparing a previous model is completely outdated information.

GrandMaster

was yours a pre order as well, purchased through Sprint or direct from Sammy?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Both were preordered from Sprint, one purple and one black. Interestingly enough my data speeds are about half of purple one. When they had me replace the SIM it actually got worse. I am always on Wi-Fi most of the time so I never really cared. Awesome phone but if my note 4 wouldn't have died I would still be on my note 4. The last update enabling data and talk at the same time makes this phone the best phone Sprint carries.

GrandMaster

at some point i'll have it on my phone but for now i just deal with it lol. for sure something they will need to figure out. you are able to make data calls now currently correct?
Journeyman

I would need a good LTE connection to test.

Hopefully I can test soon.

GrandMaster

that will be the true test..if calls over data work fine but not enhanced messaging then it might end up being the messenger app itself...but gotta chip away at each side first before jumping to that possibility.
Journeyman

I got the update and got the code but enhanced message still doesn't work. My cousin has an S7 and when I message her I can't see when she has read my text or when she is typing and I used to be able to when I had enhanced messaging.

GrandMaster

does her phone have enhanced messaging on it and activated?
Journeyman

Where were these settings? I just got the update and I can't find them anywhere. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat