cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 Enhanced Messaging

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Samnsung Galaxy S8 Enhanced Messaging

The issue I'm having Juan, is that I'm not receiving a verification code.  I've tried with google messaging and I never receive a code either.  I've talked with Sprint, and with Samsung, with no solution.  I've received other short code text messages, so I dont believe they are blocked.  Any other info you might need from me, feel free to ask.  

Journeyman

Pm'd requested info Juan.

@mersh5 it looks like just you and me are the only ones with this issue. Same issues with both Message apps

I've tried everything short of rooting the phone. My company doesn't allow rooted phones connected to it's resources.

Been trying to get an answer to my questions for some time now.

@REANNALYNNE I've been asking this question since I got the phone. Can anyone verify that any of the enhanced messaging stuff is working on the s8/8+ maybe its just Sprint s8s that are having issues. Worked great on our note 4s.

Journeyman

Lol!  Yea it looks that way JPhrost!  If you get it figured out let me know, and ill do the same if I come across a solution.  I could root mine, I just haven't had to do that with my last couple of phones, they were plenty fast stock.  I'm sure we'll get it solved soon enough. 

Journeyman

Correct, no reason to root this phone really. Have teathering 10gb, great battery, can disable most apps, lightning fast.

I think the solution is to send us new S8+ to see if we have the same issues.

Might be looking at trying to get out of my plans when the Note 8 drops on Verizon or TMobile. It's a shame because Sprint has the best priced plans if you can get Good Knowledgeable Support and Good/Fast data and cell service.....

Journeyman

I only know one other person that has an s8, but I don't know which carrier and they are not replying to texts right now to ask if it's working for them.

I'm extra annoyed because the phone says it should be but it isn't! Settings look correct, the code was received, etc. I even updated the profile/prl hoping that would help but nope. @JPhrost

Journeyman

@REANNALYNNE 

I wish I could test it for you.

Does your have start group chat? Then it actually list people you can add to the chat?

Journeyman

I click start group chat and no one is listed. I know for a fact it is activated on my husband's s7 because I activated it last night and we used it when we both had an s7.  It doesn't show him or my cousin with the s8. 

Journeyman

Same thing on my wife's s8+.

Kinda hard to test when we really don't know if it is working at all.

I would know if I could even get the conformation code screen to work.

Are you sharing your samsung profile?

Probably has nothing to do with it but that is how it worked on my note 4 :/ (this last part is a joke)

Journeyman

I just tried sharing my profile for the hell of it. Still didn't work. @JPhrost

Wizard

@mersh5 If your not reeving the code you might make sure that Sprint text are coming through and not being blocked or held up. Yes they should but occasionally it can happen so you might contact Sprint have them check that to make sure that your device is receiving those kind of text and not be flagged for some reason. Just a thought and keep us updated on what you find out.. Smiley Happy 

Wizard

Also for those having issues with the message app make sure you have the latest version as well. You have to have a Samsung Account and check for updates through the Samsung Store.. Smiley Happy 

Wizard

Folks might try updating your profile again as well for those having issues with the Enhanced Messaging. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat