cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 Enhanced Messaging

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Samnsung Galaxy S8 Enhanced Messaging

I've done all of that, still doesn't work.  I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I've rooted many phones, played with different roms  on them, not this phone, but many in the past.  The stuff that is being suggested is basic stuff that any phone owner would do before going to a forum.  Most would call sprint or go to a store.

@ShipWreck wrote:

Folks might try updating your profile again as well for those having issues with the Enhanced Messaging. 

Journeyman

I received the code then it disappeared my app is not working even though it said it was enabled. help! what can I do?

@seawolf wrote:

@Gia4611 wrote:
Did Sprint remove the enhanced messaging feature on the Samsung Galaxy S8?

Enhanced Messaging was added to the S8 as part of the most recent software release.  For more information, please see the Software Release Notes thread.  

We're currently tracking reports that users may not receive the short code confirmation that Enhanced Messaging has been enabled (and thus the service may not be fully enabled) or they may get more than one such SMS notification.

Journeyman

I've never root a phone, but I've done all this also. I even double checked my profile was shared (it was) just in case. I don't know . This is just really discouraging me and annoying me. Making me wish I switched companies when I was originally going to. @mersh5

Journeyman

I received the code in a text it said enabled then disappeared. My chat isn't working. What do I do? Help!

Journeyman

Hopefully here comes the flood of people with issues that we've been waiting... 

Journeyman

@ali77935 do you have the option to start a group chat at the top under the three dots?

Journeyman

yes but it only gives me 1 person. my husband has enhanced messaging and a few of my friends and they are not showing on there

Journeyman

@ali77935 does it work with the 1 person it shows?

Journeyman

let me try

Journeyman

By work I mean does it let you use an alias and show typing and replying?

Journeyman

ok that one worked but where are the other contacts that have enhanced messaging? How do I get them?

Journeyman

I can see where the message was delivered and read but thats it

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat