cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 Enhanced Messaging

Go to solution
GrandMaster

Re: Samnsung Galaxy S8 Enhanced Messaging

one other thing to look at is what update is her app at compared to yours. might be a difference there? something might have changed between one update and the next one?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Google\Android Messages is the same version 2.2.076 4091682-40.phone on my phone and my wife's phone.

I definitely can't figure out why she would have it and I wouldn't. 

Does anyone else have a S8plus with the same version of Android Messages as I do? Does the enhanced messaging options show for you or does the circle on the screen just turn forever. 

The message I get is Excuse the wait...... Messages will let you know when this step is complete. All you can do is hit back or Got It!.... The enhanced options never appear for me. Factory resets, profile updates, re-register the phone on the network, cleared cache, uninstall and reinstall, new sim card.

If you download the Android Messages app, you will not lose any of your text messages so why not try it and report here now that we have Sprint looking at it finally...

GrandMaster

the google messaging app didnt come automatically on yalls S8? i know its came stock on my last 2 devices so far.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

No they came with an app called Messages - Samsung's version which you would think would be a different name since Google just changed their name to Messages also.

Is this really solved??

It seems we are just waiting for Sprint and Samsung to fix it on some of our S8s since it works on other Sprint S8s.

Anyone else test this?

Journeyman

No they came with an app called Messages - Samsung's version which you would think would be a different name since Google just changed their name to Messages also.

Is this really solved??

It seems we are just waiting for Sprint and Samsung to fix it on some of our S8s since it works on other Sprint S8s.

Anyone else test this?

Do you have a S8 or S8 plus?

Journeyman

Sprint... Any updates??

Journeyman

Enhanced messaging is not working on my s8 I can't see when another user with enhanced messaging is typing or when they have read my texts. So I guess it still isn't working?

Community Manager

Sorry @JPhrost, no updates to provide.  They know I'm waiting for it, as I'm currently using the S8 myself.  I'll definitely pop back in here when I hear something.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

I do not see the read confirmation option in the settings. Also with enhanced messaging I was able to send large files, such as videos. The s8+ is telling me that i have to trim my videos. 

Journeyman

Hi,  are there any updates yet?

Journeyman

Ok receiving daily texts from 9179:

Messenger's enhanced features have been enabled (Confirmation ID: 100132)

However, there is no option to enable on my messenger app.

S8+ with 4.2.02.1 Messages and 4.1.17 Message services.

This it's really annoying as they come at all hours of the night! 

Thanks, Adam

Journeyman

Ok receiving daily texts from 9179:

Messenger's enhanced features have been enabled (Confirmation ID: 100132)

However, there is no option to enable on my messenger app.

S8+ with 4.2.02.1 Messages and 4.1.17 Message services

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat