Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 Enhanced Messaging

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Samnsung Galaxy S8 Enhanced Messaging

My update doesn't look like that. Lol. 

Wizard

@Gia4611 you talking about the text message update??
Journeyman

That's why we are here. I would be happy to talk to someone from Sprint but I am not going to be bounced around and asked the same questions 5 times.

Someone from TEP remoted into my phone and still had no idea. I have received text from Sprint before.

Starting to wonder if something is disabled on my phone line (Sprint Text Short Codes maybe???) since I already tried a new sim a while ago. I even uninstalled Android Messages since I could never get enhanced messaging to work on that.SmartSelectImage_2017-08-14-09-43-38.pngSmartSelectImage_2017-08-14-09-18-15.png

Wizard

@JPhrost so did you get the text about activating the new text message feature? If you go to your Text Message App go to Message Settings then go to About Message what version does it say you are running?? 

Journeyman

Messages Version 4.2.02.13

Message Service Version 4.1.23

Journeyman

Updated my wifes phone and it enabled enhanced messaging right away.

It didn't even ask for a code it just sent a text message from 9197 stating "Messager's enhanced features have been enabled Confirmation ID.."

It doesn't even have the screens or prompts mine has.

What is going on here?

Journeyman

I got a message this morning about this update and I tried to cancel out of it but it didn't give me a choice and I apparently have the enhanced features now. Are these free add ons? I want to make sure I won't be charged extra lol. 

Wizard

@JPhrost Ok Thanks yeah the versions look good so did you ever get a text sent to your device and sorry if you already answered this.. Smiley Happy 

Wizard

@JPhrost So did you ever get a text?

Community Manager

You might try sending @Sprint_Jeffrey or @XXXIna a PM, @JPhrost.  They can check to see if you have shortcodes blocked on your account, which would definitely prevent the code being received.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Wizard

@seawolf Yeah I have seen that in the past as well where certain type of text can get blocked as well. So it looks like some have gotten the update but never got the text.. Smiley Happy 

Journeyman

I Pm'd both. Thank you.

Now if I can ever get this working, then I can try to figure out why my individual text tones are not working per contact. It worked fine in Android Messages.

For instance, I have one contact that I need to be able to hear at night but the rest I could care less, so I put a crazy annoying text tone on that contact so I will be woke up at night.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat