cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8+ Location Timeout

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8+ Location Timeout

@Megntron_Sprint wrote:

We already have it reported to Samsung and are waiting for the next software update to fix this.

Cool nice to know!

Can you confirm if it was reported for all impact models? S8-S10

Just want to make sure it wasn't only for one model Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Yes it's for all models that have been affected. We'll let you know when the new updates are available.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Hopefully it will be soon, because I started shopping for replacement of both the phone and the carrier yesterday.

I know. We want it fixed too.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Chatting with support now. They just me that turning off wifi calling might help. If that's the case I think I'll hit the ATT store on the way home and then cancel. I've been with sprint since before Nextel.

Journeyman

They did some things on their end after verifying my settings were correct. They will call back later to find out if the notification happened again. If I'm good then that may be an Avenue that folks can pursue to get their problem resolved. If not, I've backed up my phone and will try a factory restore. If that wont work,...I guess I'll join my wife on ATT.

Journeyman

I know what you mean. Not only have I been with Sprint since Nextel, but I used to WORK for Nextel and then moved to Sprint after the merger. You think I have some loyalty? Yep! I've been battling poor coverage for the last 7 years and keep holding on hoping it will get better. I lived in Florida up until a year ago and they kept telling me down there that "they are working on the tower". Now, I'm hearing it again up here. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Journeyman

7 hours since my chat session with Sprint and the notification has popped up about 5 times in 3 locations. 

I don't suppose anyone has any idea of a timeframe to fix the bug and get an update pushed out? 

Have you received the call back from Tech Support?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

No call back, but I did call sprint about my Airrave and that was resolved. 5 stars to the person I spoke with. 

They also had me turn off wifi calling to stop the Location Timeout notifications. That works but is not acceptable for some of the buildings I work in where there is no reception no matter who the carrier is. Hopefully a fix for the notification will be pushed out sooner rather than later. Having to remember to turn on wifi calling everytime I go into certain building isn't really the ideal option.

Journeyman

At least you could GET an AiRave. When I worked for Sprint, we would GIVE them to anyone who had coverage issues, but when I tried to get one for my house, I was told that WiFi Calling was the replacement for the AiRave. Excuse me? In my opinion, that's like comparing apples to oranges. The AiRave is a MUCH better solution to coverage issues than WiFi Calling, but, hey! - WiFi Calling doesn't cost Sprint any $$$, and the AiRave did. 

@Bill-A, how long ago was the ticket opened with Tech Support?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat