cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8+ Location Timeout

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8+ Location Timeout

I have a Note 8 with the same issue. I have used Google Fu to search for an answer. Done all that they say to try. It all started after the Pie update.

Reset network

Update PRL

Update Profile

Hard boot

Soft boot

Quadrillion checked Location accuracy

Quadrillion times updated location with 911

Wiped Cache

Offered a sacrifice to the phone demon (it likes cupcakes, btw)

One issue is I have Voice Networks with LTE Calling (beta) and Wi-Fi Calling. I read an article here that said LTE Calling was being phased out by now. Following the instructions through Sprint site,  it tells me to tap "Calling Plus". I don't have that.

Journeyman

I was good for almost a week, then came home from work today and it's happened 6 times in 4.5 hours. 

Back when I was writing software for a living I had all kinds of tools to diagnose stuff like this. Wish I had a toolset for this so I could provide some useful information to help solve the problem.

Journeyman

Turning off VOLTE only worked for about 20 hours 😞

Hi Paul! Are you running the latest software update on that Galaxy S8? Your software version should be G950USQU5DSD3.

Yes, I am indeed.
Journeyman

@HELPeR_Sprint wrote:

Hi Paul! Are you running the latest software update on that Galaxy S8? Your software version should be G950USQU5DSD3.

Got the May 2019 update yesterday morning and still the same issue...  

Hopefully Sprint will work with Samsung to resolve this issue.  Don't believe there is anything on the Sprint side that can fix this issue - issue only started once I got the Android Pie update.  Before that not a single issue.

Journeyman

Same here. I was VERY optimistic that this error would be addressed in this update, so I turned WiFi Calling back on. Unfortunately, it didn't last long before it timed out again. Bummer!

I have four months until I'm out of contract and if the error isn't corrected by then, I'm moving to Xfinity Mobile and a different phone mfg. 

Journeyman

@randylyons wrote:

Same here. I was VERY optimistic that this error would be addressed in this update, so I turned WiFi Calling back on. Unfortunately, it didn't last long before it timed out again. Bummer!

I have four months until I'm out of contract and if the error isn't corrected by then, I'm moving to Xfinity Mobile and a different phone mfg. 

@randylyons wrote:

I am not under contract, and waiting to see where the Sprint - Tmobile merger goes.  Seen what T-moble does for WiFi calling and it is sweet.   There is an option to ONLY use WiFi calling when there is no regular service which is ideal with me.  I really only like to use WiFi calling when I don't have Sprint service which is at my work, and when I got to Wisconsin where my dad lives, and there really isn't any service but he does have WiFi.  But I am growing impatient myself since not having service at work (or at my dad's cabin) isn't an option for me. 

Journeyman

Hmm... maybe I should consider going to T-Mobile instead of Xfinity. I like your description of their WiFi Calling.

Journeyman

I guess the only thing we can do is wait for the fix.
Journeyman

Update for my phone; the G955USQS5DSE5 update seems to address the issue as I have not seen the location timeout error for a few days now. It did create another side issue in which the icon/notification for WiFi Calling completely disappeared. That was fixed by performing a ##BRAND# update.

Hopefully others who had this issue have had the issue taken care by the software update. Thank you to everyone who contributed, got me to try a lot of things!!

Journeyman

Glad it worked for you. My icon disappeared as well, but came back on it's on after a few days. The timeout issue never disappeared. I'm still getting the timeout error and in addition, my wife is now getting it.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat