cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8+ Location Timeout

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8+ Location Timeout

The S8+ was compatible with T-Mobile.   I flashed the T-Mobile firmware - basically the Samsung S8+ is universal, all the radios are there - it even bings T-Mobile now.  That was one of the lines that we ported over, my wife and I bought the S-10, they have buy one get one for free, plus they even thru in the 3rd line for free, so got one phone free, and another line for free.  

Journeyman

So when are we likely to get a fix?  I have the same Wifi Timeout issue on my S8+ and it's extremely annoying.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

What software version are you running, Breerruss?  The latest version for the S8+ is G955USQS5DSE5  and was released on 5/31/2019.

I don't think they WILL ever have a fix. With thousands of users not complaining because they are not dependant on WiFi Calling, and only a small minority of us that are, it's a very low priority for them. Sprint is running out of time for me. I am scheduled to switch to Xfinity and a Moto G7 Power on Aug. 1st. :-(

Journeyman

G955USQS5DSF2
Journeyman

Which is the correct version #? I have xxxxxxSF2 as well. Security Patch Level June 1,2019. No update available if it's not the right one....

Thanks!

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

We just checked with Samsung, and SW G955USQS5DSF2  is the latest update for the GS8+. 

Comcast is now letting us bring our Galaxy 8's. Only charge will be for cell data $12/GB or $45 unlimited. I was hoping to get more than 2 years out of this thousand $ phone, now I can!
Journeyman

Really? That's awesome! I thought they would only convert Verizon S8's - not Sprint. Great news if that is correct. 

Journeyman

What's the status of fixing this I can't believe that I need to have an LTE signal to have wifi calling work. Whenever I drop the LTE/Sprint Network signal and start roaming I get the location time out issue

This is on an S8 running the latest version that I can down load from the Sprint Network.

-TL

Journeyman

This is also an issue with Note 8. Sprint just doesn't get the fact that when we don't have a LTE signal is when and why we need wifi calling. It used to work fine.
Journeyman

Now I'm even more confused than I was before. With the latest update, G955USQU6DSG7(et al), the location timeout occurs, notification is given, then notification is closed in less than a second. So, not sure if I'm still having issues with WiFi Calling, or the "fix" is to make the notification go away even if I am having the issue...which i don't know if i am. The notification icon indicates it is on. Not nearly as annoying but is it working? Voice calls are just fine (and have been). 

--Mark

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat