cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8+ Location Timeout

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8+ Location Timeout

Galaxy S8  

I tried, but "notifications" seems to be all one thing.  Couldn't find a way to edit sounds for individual notifications.  If you can find, I would be SO grateful!

Journeyman

Sprint and any other carrier with this problem should be putting pressure on Samsung or whomever is responsible for the change to make wifi available again the way it worked previous to having to ping the LTE signal.  It appears to only be affecting those networks with weak LTE coverage.  Seems like Verizon doesn't have weak LTE coverage so doesn't have the problem. Xfinity mobile should be OK too.  But then with good Lte coverage who needs wifi calling!  Just us on sprint with no Lte coverage. 

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Alrihty BREERRUSS. I was only able to find out how to set custom text tones on Textra SMS. It appears all app notifications are the same. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Since I'm the OP ("Original Poster" - I started this thread), I feel I should give everyone an update on my situation. Sadly, I have finally left Sprint AND Samsung after many, many years together (I'm a retired Sprint employee). This problem with the Location Timeout and the inability to utilize WiFi Calling in a dead zone just became too much to overcome, and my Sprint loyalty finally died.

I have gone to Xfinity Mobile and I have a Moto G7 Power, which is VERY similar to my Samsung S8. I haven't lost ANY features but gained Verizon's network AND WiFi Calling works flawlessly! Since I now have four bars at home, I really don't even need WiFi Calling, but it's nice knowing it's available.

Good luck, everyone!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was out carrier and phone shopping too. Narrowed it down to two carriers. I started with Nextel and stayed when Sprint took over. Sprint ways always great and supported me despite the fact I live in an area where Sprints coverage isnt that great. But this in my opinion is now a broken product.
Journeyman

You are assuming that this is a Samsung issue - T-mobile doesn't have this problem...

Sprint should be contacting Samsung as a resaler and having them fix this problem for their customers.

Journeyman

I don't know if it's Sprint or Samsung or both. The whole thing to me is broken. Turning on Wifi calling is just too much of an annoyance now. I don't know what the real number of people having this issue is, but since I am, one is enough. I've tried support a while back. I've tried everything I've seen posted. It's been long enough. Very disappointed since I liked what I got for the price. Best of luck to everyone. Now I have to go unsubscribe from this forum.
Journeyman

It's been 4 months since you said they were working on it.

Are you still experiencing the same issues mentioned earlier? 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Yes, I am on Note 8.  Get the location error notice when not in LTE area. Calls drop when using wifi calling.  It's unreliable. Wifi calling is needed in poor sprint reception areas not when LTE is available.  Sprint has this wrong!

I get that frustration. We haven't had any updates on this yet.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

The only change I've seen is that I get a notification about location timeout briefly; it then goes away automatically. Still having the error, still get the notification, but at least it disappears quickly. Almost as good as turning this notification off, since no fix for the problem so it's useless to keep telling me. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat