cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8+ Location Timeout

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S8+ Location Timeout

Updated my phone last week to Version #G955USQU5DSC1/Security Patch March 1, 2019. Updated both PRL and Profile. Have put the phone in Airplane Mode. That helped a little but still getting random "Location Timeout - Wi-Fi calling is unable to determine your location. It's recommended to change your locating method to High Accuracy."

1) It's already in "high accuracy" mode. Both Wifi and Bluetooth are in use.

2) Status Bar indicates Wifi Calling is on.

3) Have made calls, all seems to work just fine.

I do see that this issue seems to also affect S10, but i don't see any solution. Is this just a "wait until the next update and ignore the error for now"? Or is there an actual solution? Thanks for any advice.

159 REPLIES 159
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8+ Location Timeout

Unfortunately that update has caused some connectivity issues right now that we are working on. 3G and wifi are still usable while we work on this fix. We'll let you know as soon as we have an update on the fix for this. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem ever since the last update. It's VERY frustrating when it beeps every 5-10 minutes telling you that the WiFi Calling Location has timed out. I guess the only thing we can do is wait for the fix.

I wonder how will we know when the fix is available? Will it come as an update?

Journeyman

Hi there Randy,

You can check out our knowledge here and when an update is available, we will update you. 

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Phone-Device-Support-Library/UPDATE-Samsung-Galaxy-S10-10-Model-Roam...

Journeyman

That is for an S10. Does it matter that I have an S8? Are they pretty much the same operating system?

Journeyman

I did not see where you said you had an s8. Have we done any device troubleshooting since the update failed? 

Journeyman

No, should I go to my local Sprint store? BTW, "S8" is in the subject line.

We can help with troubleshooting here.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

I LOVE WiFi calling since I have a metal roof, but I turned it off due to the location error constantly popping up. What do you need to know from me to help me correct it? I've been waiting for the software update in hopes that a fix is coming, but I'm getting tired of waiting.

My wife uses WiFi Calling and NEVER gets a location error. I've checked and unless I'm missing something, all of our settings are identical.

@Megntron_Sprint wrote:

We can help with troubleshooting here.

Howdy randylyons. I'll be more than happy to look into this for you. I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

@Cat_Sprint wrote:

Howdy randylyons. I'll be more than happy to look into this for you. I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

So we've got at least 3-4 threads running now all related to location and WiFi calling spanning from S8 all the way to the S10.

Can this be looked into beyond basic handset troubleshooting? I've had 4 different devices do it and multiple users are reporting the issue. I think this shows it's probably a software bug which means it needs to be looked into by the OEM but none can get past basic troubleshooting or told maybe they have a defective device, which for me with 4 ( two different models, s9 and s10) having done the same thing and seeing these other threads of other models tells me it's software.

Howdy BryanX. I know how tedious the basic trouble shooting can be, but it has to be complete on every issue such as this. The same way as if a customer is having network issue, and we ask for cross streets and zip codes. There's certain info and steps that have to be followed.  

As for the S10 series:

The s10 phones are exchangeable, and Sprint has a policy in place for every customer. If your phone was purchased through Sprint, either by phone, website, or store, the following policy is in effect. 

* If the customer has Sprint Complete the exchange is $0
* If the customer doesn't have Sprint Complete an exchange is still allowed, under normal circumstances this wouldn't be an option but given the shenanigans with these phones we've tried to make sure everyone is covered, for $75. 
* If the phone was purchased outside of Sprint's sales channels, then that customer will need to use the 1 yr limited warranty provided by Samsung. This maybe an option for Sprint customers that don't want to pay the $75. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat