cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8+ Location Timeout

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8+ Location Timeout

I can verify that your fix does not work on the Samsung S8 plus with all the latest updates as of today.
Journeyman

You are correct.  I was hoping.  I imagine since we are supposed to get monthly updates and this is the last day of Jun that we should get an update tomorrow, maybe?  

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Howdy silat. With the newer update the 911 tagging feature has been changed. Prior to the update this feature used GPS to tag the location. Now this tagging is dependent on strong LTE signal. If the LTE signal is not strong enough the WiFi calling will time out. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

From the many hours I have spent on the phone with Samsung and Sprint I have little faith.
Journeyman

I cannot verify that as I get the notification no matter where I am at in the city of Portland and its suburbs. I even get it in the Sprint store while I'm trying to get the techs to understand that I don't need to wipe my phone to fix the problem.

Completing a factory reset on the phone will most likely not help. The location time error while trying to access WiFi calling is due to an update in how the phones now tag the 911 location. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

I understand that. I won't go into my 3-year history with Samsung and Sprint and their terrible tech support.
Their answer to everything is wipe your phone and start again or get a new phone. That is much like the computer giants telling you to reboot your computer to fix all your problems.

I get what your say. If there is anything else I can assist you with please let me know. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Journeyman

Silat, I'm sorry you're having to experience the same level of frustration that I am. I gave up long ago on getting it fixed and now I'm just counting the days before I'm out of contract. Only two more months and then I'm leaving BOTH Sprint and Samsung behind! I've been with both since 2005, but I'm seriously considering a Moto with Verizon. 😞

Journeyman

I'm sorry for your troubles. My troubles started about 2 years ago when I got the Samsung S8 plus and I couldn't even talk on it no matter where I was. I'm on my fourth phone from Sprint. And my first one from Samsung. Each company is aware of my issues they have put me in touch with what I like to call Sprint and Samsung SWAT teams which we aren't allowed to know who they are but they have the ability to check out issues and they have verified that each and every phone they sent me does not work properly. My contract is up and I am wondering if I should get the Samsung S10 Plus
Journeyman

I am having the same problem.  Have done same resets/tests and nothing works.  Read tart phone reconnects wifi calling for a short time.  Calls drop.  Totally frustrating.  I'm thinking it came about after the 5-31 update which I put off doing for a couple of weeks. Totally frustrating. 

Journeyman

My thoughts exactly. I am a long time Sprint user since early 2000's but I need wifi calling.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat