cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 - No 4G LTE and spotty 3G after Oreo update

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S8 - No 4G LTE and spotty 3G after Oreo update

After updating to Android Oreo on August 8th, my Samsung Galaxy S8 has not received 4G LTE service anywhere.  Additionally, I rarely receive 3G service.  I mostly get full bars but no 4G/3G service.  The phone is less than one year old, has suffered no water or drop damage, and otherwise works perfectly.

I have updated PRL and profile.  That did not work.  I have changed the network mode to every option available.  That did not work.  I have taken the phone to a Sprint store, where they did the usual reset.  That did not work.  I have removed and reinserted the SIM card.  That did not work.  On the advice of a Sprint tech, I took it to a Samsung authorized repair facility, where they replaced the antenna.  That did not work.

Any suggestions?  At this point I'm considering returning the phone and moving on to Google Project Fi.

22 REPLIES 22
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 - No 4G LTE and spotty 3G after Oreo update

Areas of (attempted) use include Detroit, Ann Arbor, and Grand Rapids, MI.

GrandMaster

anyone else around you that has a Sprint phone? and if so are they seeing the same thing or just your phone?

and in between those locations does it ever improve or does the signal stay the same no matter where you go?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

These are pretty big areas. Are there specific zip codes that you are in?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

This is the exact problem I've been having for the past 2 weeks. Prior to this update I had LTE service most places I went around NYC. Since the update I haven't been able to get anything higher than 3G, and even that only 50% of the time. My Galaxy S8 is only a few months old and has no damage, this is frustrating.

Journeyman

This is the exact problem I've been having for the past 2 weeks. Prior to this update I had LTE service most places I went around NYC. Since the update I haven't been able to get anything higher than 3G, and even that only 50% of the time. My Galaxy S8 is only a few months old and has no damage, this is frustrating.

Tags (1)

Are there some zip codes that I can look at?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

10128, 10467, 11419. My bf also has sprint but an iPhone and he does not have any of these issues. So I'm not sure if its just specific to Samsung +Sprint, or I just got unlucky when I did the update.

Tags (1)

Since he is not experiencing the same issues you are, let's turn to the device. Have you done any troubleshooting, like a data profile update or reset the network settings?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

I have Updated the PRL and Updated Profile multiple times. Tried switching to different networks and back to automatic. It shows full bars most of the time, just does not have any network connection or only goes as high as 3G. Anyway to just uninstall this update, or revert back to before I did the update?

Version: G950USQU5CRG3/G950UOYN5CRG3/G950USQU5CRG3

Tags (1)
Community Manager

Try a ##SCRTN# first while in good Sprint coverage and give it a try.  If no good, then do a ##UICC#.  This will force the device to reprogram LTE.

Journeyman

Thank you for the suggestions @Em_Will_I_Am I did try them, but still not getting 4G or LTE signal

Tags (1)
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat