cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch 46MM LTE Standalone yet?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy Watch 46MM LTE Standalone yet?

Is this watch standalone yet? I have had it for almost 2 years and still not working? So what's the issue? Are you telling me the only way it work is to have Blue Tooth working? Please free to explain to me....

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch 46MM LTE Standalone yet?

Hello JONESLEGACY4. It has taken a while for the watch to work as a stand alone device. Unfortunately it is still not available. For the time being yes, Bluetooth Voice Capabilities are available when watch is within proximity of the primary Samsung phone.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Juan,

Thanks for the update. I would have thought by now it would have been fixed or updated? Just disappointed that I paid $399 for an LTE watch that I was under the impression it was a stand alone......

Chris 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just bought Samsung Watch how do i get the new UI 1.5 software update for watch?

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hi @amit1974! Here's an useful article from Samsung on how to update the watch software, just click here to see the steps. 

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am wondering the Sam thing they have us pay for the data plan for the galaxy watch lte but only give us 911 ability if not connected to the phone that's not a standalone they give it to the active 2 what happen

Highlighted
GrandMaster

which watch is it that you have? the active? active 2?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy Watch 46 MM LTE... 2 questions how do i get update and if i have data plan can i make phone calls from watch with phone turned off?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

the post by Carlos has a link to the instructions on how to get the update to the watch...

it has its own line technically but im still not fully sure if the phone itself must be left on or if it really matters...that will be a question for any of the other posters in here or one of the agents.

actually i just found this..

Community Manager
Re: (When) will Sprint get the Galaxy Watch Active 2 LTE?

A couple of things that need to be cleared up:

The phone HAS to be on!  The phone acts as a switchboard of sorts.  A call comes in and the phone routes to the watch.  The same thing with the Apple Watch, the phone has to be on.

The watch does use VoLTE.  Sprint has VoLTE everywhere except Puerto Rico, Wyoming, and Montana.  The LTE in VoLTE is LTE and you have to have good LTE coverage in order for it to work.  Poor/No LTE, then no talking over the watch.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy watch lte 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

if you did the update that kicked out on the 5th then yes you would have VoLTE and it could be used as stand alone as long as your phone is left on wherever you leave it.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung/Software-Update-Samsung-Galaxy-Watch-46mm-R805U-Black-amp-Si...

Highlighted
GrandMaster

actually im going to mark this thread to be moved into the correct area that is for Samsung devices etc and not in here where its mainly about the site itself...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat