cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy s8 Plus Dropping calls after 30 minutes!!!

Go to solution
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy s8 Plus Dropping calls after 30 minutes!!!

Just got the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus and when i am on the phone it automatically drops the call after 30 minutes!! I worked with customer support 2 times yesterday and after the second time it started working but now its back at it again.. has anyone had this issue or any ideas how to resolve?? This is my work phone and its very important that I do not drop calls with customers!

8 REPLIES 8
GrandMaster

Re: Samsung Galaxy s8 Plus Dropping calls after 30 minutes!!!

are you by chance using Google voice or is this happening on the regular network?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Regular Network calls

Wizard

Might make sure your WiFi calling is disable and also make sure that your Mobile Network is set to Automatic. Also update your profile as well as your prl. 

Journeyman

Finally told by Sprint that its a software issue and I have to get my phone replaced... thanks for the help

Journeyman

I had the exact same issue. Every call dropped after 30 minutes.

After traveling to the corporate store 20 miles away (in a larger metropolitan area) the technician told me they would have to send my phone out to Samsung to be replaced. This was not an option for me as I use my phone for work. So while I was in the larger city I updated my PRL and my profile and made a test call and the call went well over 30 minutes.

Once I returned home I tested the phone again and the calls no longer dropped after 30 minutes. I tested up to 45 minutes without a dropped call.

So before you send your phone back in, try the following:

1. Drive to a larger metropolitan area (outside your normal call tower area)

2. Update your PRL

3. Update your Profile

4. Make a test call (Sprint customer service works great for making this test call if you ask them about non replacement options to fix this issue)

If the test call in the new area goes over 30 minutes without disconnecting return to your normal calling area and test your phone again to ensure it is no longer having issues.

This worked for me today on 9/5/17

Good luck!

Journeyman

Having this issue on Note8 with Sprint integration -- can't exactly go do a bigger metro area since I am already in DC

GrandMaster

if you drive about 5+ miles away from the current problem area you should be fully connected to the next tower so you can confirm that its either the tower you connect to or that the issue is following you.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

A few hours after returing home my phone updated again it pulled down the bad PRL info.

I notified Sprint and they fixed the tower and the problem has been gone for a couple weeks now. So if you find your issue is the tower as well please make sure to notify Sprint or you may find the problem returns when your phone updates again.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat