cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy s9 plus software update 2/2019 issues

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy s9 plus software update 2/2019 issues

The latest update I have too many random ads popping up anyone know how to stop that?

Also there is a second lock screen that after I put my pin there are times I can't get into my phone. I have to push the power button again then reenter my pin. Anyway to get rid of that??

Thanks!!

18 REPLIES 18
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Samsung Galaxy s9 plus software update 2/2019 issues

Hey can you tell me which update you have?

I'm here to find all of the solutions and ease your frustrations.

Journeyman

Looked in settings said software version

G965USQU3CSAB. I just did the updated this weekend. 

GrandMaster

this is the update you received. might want to scan through it since there were a TON of changes made by Samsung on this one.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung/Software-Update-Samsung-Galaxy-S9-G965U-1-31-2019/m-p/103209...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

For the record, if you are getting random ads popping up...it's not the update.  It's an installed app.  The offending app would have to be identified and uninstalled.  Or you hard reset the device and that will get rid of it.

Also, there is no secondary lock screen.

@tbaffi wrote:

The latest update I have too many random ads popping up anyone know how to stop that?

Also there is a second lock screen that after I put my pin there are times I can't get into my phone. I have to push the power button again then reenter my pin. Anyway to get rid of that??

Thanks!!

Journeyman

(1) randoms ads -  I know apps can be responsible for ads popping and interrupting what I'm doing. However, I haven't downloaded anything new and the ads just started with the new update.

(2) I know there isn't suppose to be a secondary lock screen but after this update there is. I never had this before the newest update. Please photos below.  Screenshot_20190207-064856_Fat Burning Workout.jpgNormal lock screen where I enter my pin

Screenshot_20190207-064821_Fat Burning Workout.jpgSecond screen if you look at the bottom it says slide to unlock

Journeyman

After this recent update, I can't download any MMS pictures or send them via text. I've tried several different things down to trying to reset my phone from it's last backup the night before the update but I get an error that it can't reset my messages. What can I do to fix this? Is anyone else having this issue? 

Journeyman

Did u try to update carrier settings or network profile
Community Manager

Yup, I've seen that lock screen before and it from the app CleanMaster or from any of the other apps they produced.  The ads are from an app and not the OS.  I promise if you boot the phone into Safe Mode, what you are describing will not happen because safe mode disables all the apps.

@tbaffi wrote:

(1) randoms ads -  I know apps can be responsible for ads popping and interrupting what I'm doing. However, I haven't downloaded anything new and the ads just started with the new update.

(2) I know there isn't suppose to be a secondary lock screen but after this update there is. I never had this before the newest update. Please photos below.  Screenshot_20190207-064856_Fat Burning Workout.jpgNormal lock screen where I enter my pin

Screenshot_20190207-064821_Fat Burning Workout.jpgSecond screen if you look at the bottom it says slide to unlock

Community Manager

Reset data on the text messaging app (Settings - apps - Message - Storage - Reset data/Clear Storage) then power off the phone for 2 minutes and then turn it back on and try.

@Ms_bogar wrote:

After this recent update, I can't download any MMS pictures or send them via text. I've tried several different things down to trying to reset my phone from it's last backup the night before the update but I get an error that it can't reset my messages. What can I do to fix this? Is anyone else having this issue? 

Journeyman

I tried this twice and still won't work. 😭

Journeyman

How do I do that?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat