cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy s9 plus software update 2/2019 issues

Community Manager

Re: Samsung Galaxy s9 plus software update 2/2019 issues

Hard reset the device, do not install backup, and then try to send/receive MMS.

@Ms_bogar wrote:

I tried this twice and still won't work. 😭

Journeyman

Is the hard reset when you push volume down & power button for 10 seconds?

Community Manager

No, a hard reset is when you erase everything on the phone by dialing ##RTN# on the dial pad or going into settings and erase all content.

@Ms_bogar wrote:

Is the hard reset when you push volume down & power button for 10 seconds?

Journeyman

Did you get the update OTA from Sprint? I ask because that behavior is not from the update, you have an app adding that on. I had that problem quite awhile ago and it turned out to be some app I had installed.   There are apps you can find in the Play store that will scan your phone for apps that embed advertising so you find and delete the one causing the problem if you can't figure out on your own which app is causing the problem. 

Journeyman

I had to hard reset and now it works. Thanks

Journeyman

I got the notification on my phone that an update was available.  I hit update. Do you by any chance know the name of the app that can help find which app installed is doing this 

Journeyman

If I remember right the app I used was  called something like add-ons detector.   But that was awhile ago so the app might not even exist anymore as mobile security apps look for malware without being specific to just adware. If you have a mobile security app you can try running a scan with that first.   

Sprint uses Lookout Mobile security  so there's a good chance you already have that installed if you haven't taken steps to get rid of it.  

Journeyman

is your phone unlocked and using a different  carries to get the latest update  i got jan/1/2019  over the air update and you got feb 2019 update 

GrandMaster

you mean this update?

S9

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung/Software-Update-Samsung-Galaxy-S9-G960U-2-27-2019/m-p/103615...

S9+

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung/Software-Update-Samsung-Galaxy-S9-2-27-2019/m-p/1036191#M816...

which both started getting kicked out to devices in late Feb

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

how do i get  the update over the air and it not working for mine it unlocked samsung s 9 plus the last update it jan 1 20019 i get that update 

GrandMaster

you might try a network reset since it'll restart the phone once or twice..might kick the update through to the phone.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

If you do not get it OTA, you can install via the Samsung Smart Switch App or Samsung website, but looking at their website, the late update seems to be 1/3/2018.  Hopefully, that's a typo.

@koolcar12 wrote:

how do i get  the update over the air and it not working for mine it unlocked samsung s 9 plus the last update it jan 1 20019 i get that update 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat