Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note 9 Wifi Calling Stopped working

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Note 9 Wifi Calling Stopped working

Hello

I have sprint note 9 phone and until 2 days back wifi calling was working great, note in m house i get very bad sprint reception so i heavily depend on wifi calling. Now suddenly wificalling has stopped working, I no longer can connect to wifi calling.. I have tried network provisioning ##72786#, wipe cache, update prl, update profile etc.. nothing works.

The only time it works is when I turn my phone in ariplane mode and ONLY turn on wifi, then wifi calling gets connected and it works, the moment i switch off airplane mode, wifi calling is gone and phone is connected to sprint network with 1 bar signal strength. 

I also have volte switch turned on, turning it off has no effect on wifi calling

will appreciate some help here. 

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Samsung Note 9 Wifi Calling Stopped working

Are you getting some kind of error or is it that the calls are simply dropping? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well its not connect to wificalling atall now, I am getting NO incoming or outgoing calls as sprint signal is very bad in my house..

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Understood! Did you recently factory reset the device? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

no I have not factory reset my device and would like to avoid it if possible

Highlighted
Journeyman

do u support aiwave devices ?  I use to have them in the past and those worked great, but since my wificalling was working did not bother with that device

Highlighted
Journeyman

i suspect its not able to switch between wificalling and network service? as I said when I turn phone to airplane mode and turn ONLY wifi ON wificalling works, the moment i turn on mobile and cell service wificalling disappears and never comes back....

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Or no, I don't want you to. We do have Airave devices if you would like to look into it.. That could be the issue here, Wifi calling would only wotk on wifi. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi,

Sorry your response is making no sense, the question I still have is why my wifi calling has stopped working and only works in airplane mode with wifi "ON"

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

I'd like to try a couple of things to determine what's causing this. Please ensure that your Location Service is enabled and Sprint Mobile Hotspot is disabled, then enable WiFi calling. Verify that your device has the latest software version. When attempting to use the feature without going into Airplane Mode, do you get an error message? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi, the phone is running latest software android 10 with April security patch. Hotspot is off and location service is ON. 

Thanks for looking into it

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also there is NO error displayed it just won't connect to WiFi calling when airplane mode is Off

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat