cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note 9 Wifi Calling Stopped working

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Samsung Note 9 Wifi Calling Stopped working

I'll need to look at your account to verify the settings. I'm gonna shoot you a private message. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint won't admit it, but they've disabled the ability to choose WiFi as the preferred method for voice calls.  To circumvent this, put your phone in airplane mode, then re-enable your WiFi.  You'll also need to turn on BlueTooth, if needed.  This should allow you to turn on WiFi Calling and use it.  Just don't forget to turn off airplane mode whenever you leave your house.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That is exactly how I am using it now. Shame it use to work without airplane mode before. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Don't bother using the online chat agent.  I have spent the better part of the last 2 days "talking" to several different people who say "rest assured, I can help you".  Sprint said it was Samsung, so I talked to Samsung... Samsung says Sprint controls this.  So, in short, there is no help.  I'm going to check for some ROMs to flash to it that will fix their "fix".

Highlighted
Journeyman

The wifi calling FAQ on sprint's site says in April and May 2020 they changed some phones to prioritize network over wifi. They say it will switch to wifi if the signal degrades, but I have the same problem. Just enough signal for it to not use wifi, but calls are dropped and cut in and out. Frustrating and no idea why they would change that, but I'm considering ditching sprint since this impacts me severely at my house.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey. Are you experiencing the dropped calls while using WiFi or while connected to your mobile data? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Exactly the issue with update they are prioritizing network calls over WiFi calling and when u have 1 bar phone thinks it has good signal and never switches to WiFi calling. Only workaround is to put phone in airplane mode and turn only wifi a f bluethooth ON

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

I saw you did some troubleshooting and was also connected to our Tech Support team for help. How did that work out? WiFi calling also requires your device Mobile Hotspot to be disabled. Have you ensured this. You mentioned that you're able to connect your WiFi calling when you have zero data connection, so instead or switching to Airplane Mode, have you tried turning off your mobile data and then use WiFi calling?  

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint we know what the issue is u have disabled option to pick between wifi calling and network to prioritize calls. Enable that option on note 9 and that should resolve all issues. I also have note 8 and it works flawlessly it's only note 9 that has issue and looks like there are many like me out there. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

I'll like to take a look at your account, that way I will be able to verify the steps that was taken in regards to this matter. Can you send me a private message? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's happening on my Note 9, Note 10+, and S20 Ultra. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on the devices? 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat