cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 Plus UICC Unlock

Journeyman

Samsung S8 Plus UICC Unlock

I purchased a Sprint S8 Plus about a week ago from the original owner and the original owner initiated an unlock request.  The phone was supposed to be unlocked no later than yesterday however still locked.  I have a Sprint SIM that came with the device however it is not active an no number associated with it.  Is that why  the phone is not unlocked yet?  Do I need to have WiFi on?  I also read that an OTA update may be needed.  How do it do that without an active Sprint account?

I eventually do want to try Sprint however right now my work is paying for a different service.

Thanks,

Jay

33 REPLIES 33
GrandMaster

Re: Samsung S8 Plus UICC Unlock

it didnt receive the unlock signal because the original owner removed it from their account meaning no data connection..meaning it couldnt receive the signal to unlock it..so more than likely on Sprints side it shows as unlocked when it couldnt receive the signal to do so. you will need to original owners contact number..put the Sprint sim card back in the phone..make sure its turned on and connected to wifi..THEN contact one of the agents in here so they can request the device be relocked on their side and then re kick out the unlock signal.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thanks, that does make sense.

Wizard

Good morning @jlulch2004. If you're still needing your phone unlocked, I'd be happy to help you out. Just PM me your name, phone number, and 6-10 digit pin. I can get you taken care of.

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Journeyman

Hello,
 so I could give you information needed to unlock my UICC to Sprint. I would really appreciate it.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Yes you do need to have it on WiFi with the Sprint SIM in. Once you do that you can reset the phone by pressing ## BRAND # which will restart your phone. Once that happens press ## SCRTN # which will reset the network.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."

Ffotlyn yes you can send me the IMEI of your device in a private message.

Journeyman

How do you get the phone uicc unlock if its never been active on sprint network or acct. Its fully paid for justed need it unlocked please help thanks.

Did you purchase it from a third party? 

Journeyman

Yes the person said it was unlocked and it was for a little bit then it did a couple updates and then it wasnt anymore.

Will you please private message me the IMEI of the phone?

Journeyman

Same thing happened to my S9 plus... I have lost count, like 9 times now that my phone was unlocked for couple of days and then locked back to Sprint... 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat