cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 Plus UICC Unlock

Highlighted

Re: Samsung S8 Plus UICC Unlock

For anyone that is saying that their phones have had successful unlocks but were only unlocked for a few days or until an update came through, this is for you. Are your phones still active on the Sprint network? The network automatically locks the phones to the network, so once an update comes through it will lock again. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Part my French, I feel this is total BS.. this phone has been paid in full for close to a year and Sprint has no right to lock it, it's not like the good old days when you paid $200 and a contract to have the phone locked for 2 years .. plus I have own 2 other Galaxy phones that once been unlocked and stayed unlocked even after multiple updates...
My S9 plus was inserted with an AT&T sim chip to verify unlocking, and then back on Sprint service only to find out that it was locked by Sprint the next day...
Highlighted
Wizard

Howdy mr300zxc. I'd like to clarify a smidge of info. 

- The phone has been paid off: 

- Phone was unlocked, and was being used on a different carrier when it was locked after update:

- A Sprint Sim card was never placed back in the unlocked phone: 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
Journeyman

The phone has been paid off and unlocked by Sprint approximately 9 times in the past few months... The very last time it was unlocked I decided to insert a different carrier sim card to verify the unlocking and also thinking once it accepted another carrier sim card may put a stop on the lock and unlocked folidfoolis to an end.... But when the phone was locked again once I inserted Sprint sim chip back in... Locked by Sprint again on Sprint network, even after my phone was used on another carrier network for a bit... 

Highlighted
Wizard

I see that you have contacted us regarding a Galaxy s9. Is the one you are currently having trouble with a s8 or s9? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
Journeyman

S9 plus... Thers is no reason for a phone that's been carrier unlocked to get locked again by any carrier...  

Highlighted
Wizard

I hear you. Give me a few mins to look into this for you. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Highlighted
Wizard

After completing an equipment search on the IMEI # provided, this phone is currently being used on the Sprint network. Since this phone is active on a Sprint account it will always re-lock once an update is completed. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, this means that Sprint want total control of my phone if I decide to contincont use Sprint as my provider. Even after I have paid the phone off in full and I will not have any freedom to use my phone in which is paid in full and owned by me,  while I travel out of the country or to mid-west states where Sprint service is not available and other providers are?

Could this be legal for Spring continue to lock my phone after I have full fill my obligations and Sprint has agreed to unlock my phone and did so or will I need to seek legal advice on this matter? 

Highlighted
Wizard

According to the system the phone is used on the Sprint network, therefore it automatically locks when a update is completed. If this phone was active on a different carrier and not attached/active on a Sprint account the phone would be able to be unlocked and stay unlocked.  

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you still provide these services
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi I purchased a Galaxy s8 plus but it's ucii locked and I have boost can you unlock it?
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat