cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 still on Android 8 - No update yet (!?)

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung S8 still on Android 8 - No update yet (!?)

I have two identical Samsung S8 SM-G950U phones on the same account.  One updated to Pie about a month ago, yet the second phone has yet to receive the update.  What is the explanation for this?  Thank you.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Samsung S8 still on Android 8 - No update yet (!?)

UPDATE: Samsung Galaxy S8 "No LTE" after Pie (DSC1) OS Install

Sprint and Samsung are investigating complaints that some devices in the Galaxy S8 family are unable to connect to LTE following the DSC1 (Android Pie) update. For now, the software update has been placed on hold and cannot be downloaded.  The software update will be released once more when the issues with it have been corrected. 

Affected devices should still have access to 3G and WIFI for data. Sprint and Samsung are putting a high priority on resolving this issue but we don’t currently have an expected date of resolution.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Is the other phone set to check for updates automatically? You can check it out in your settings and see. You might be able to push that update manually as well.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes.  The phone is set to auto update.  Cannot manually push update.  When I check, it says the OS (Android 8.0.0) is the latest.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is this after you've followed these steps: 

1. Make sure your device is fully charged and connected to Wi-Fi.
  2. Swipe down from the Notification bar and tap Settings.
  3. Scroll to and tap Software update.
  4. Tap Check for updates.
  5. Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the update.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

UPDATE: Samsung Galaxy S8 "No LTE" after Pie (DSC1) OS Install

Sprint and Samsung are investigating complaints that some devices in the Galaxy S8 family are unable to connect to LTE following the DSC1 (Android Pie) update. For now, the software update has been placed on hold and cannot be downloaded.  The software update will be released once more when the issues with it have been corrected. 

Affected devices should still have access to 3G and WIFI for data. Sprint and Samsung are putting a high priority on resolving this issue but we don’t currently have an expected date of resolution.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

View solution in original post

Highlighted
GrandMaster

with this being said people are seeing a update that started getting kicked out today to fix the issues that popped up for them after Pie..so odds are Pie will start getting released again before to long.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat