cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S9 Notifications Not Working

Go to solution
Journeyman

Samsung S9 Notifications Not Working

Just upgraded from an S7 to an S9, and all is working better, except for notifications. I get them for GMail, but that's really it, even after I tried making sure notifications for texts, YouTube, games, etc. were working. I get a vibration for text alerts, but no notification pop up, sound or badge. I've tried rebooting and resetting the settings, everything short of a hard restart. Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Samsung S9 Notifications Not Working

Hi Chillediplier. Please follow these steps:

1. Tap the Menu icon.

2. Tap Settings.

3. Tap Notifications.

4. Tap the Messages switch to turn On if off (You may have it on already).

5. Tap App icon badges to turn on or off.

6. From the Categories section, select any of the following: Emergency Alerts, general notifications or new messages.

Once you are there you'll see the following options:

-Sound
-Vibrate:
Tap to turn on or off
-App icon badges:
Tap to turn on or off.
-On lock screen:
Tap then select the desired option.
-Do not disturb custom exception:
Tap to turn on or off.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Product Ambassador

Hi, I will also add to what Sprint CARE stated, that each app has its own settings. So you may also want to check the app specific settings.

For example, go into your Messages app > tap the 3 dots in the upper right > tap Settings  > Notifications.

Hope this helps if you were still having issues.

~Ninja CJ

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Journeyman

I had this problem, tried every solution mentioned here and elsewhere and ultimately discovered that an unrelated app was causing my notification reminders to not work.Upon uninstalling the offending app, my notification reminders started working fine.

However I needed that app for work, so I tried re-installing it but blocked it from using notifications through the phone's settings. I'm happy to report that my notifications are still working fine and I can now also use the offending app.

It was a lucky guess as to which app was causing the problem. I just remembered seeing the app was updated and happened to remember that was around when the notification issues started.

Journeyman

I can't delete my last reply but I will add that the problem returned shortly after I thought it was solved.
Journeyman

I've finally found the solution. The data saver feature prevents my email apps from checking for notifications.

Settings > Connections > Data usage > Data saver > Allow app while data saver on

GrandMaster

correct. it shuts down a lot of the things that happen in the background..you should however be able to switch around certain apps in there to allow them to work even with power saver mode on.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

. Tap the Menu icon.

2. Tap Settings.

3. Tap Notifications.

4. Tap the Messages switch to turn On if off (You may have it on already).

5. Tap App icon badges to turn on or off.

6. From the Categories section, select any of the following: Emergency Alerts, general notifications or new messages.

Once you are there you'll see the following options:

-Sound
-Vibrate:
Tap to turn on or off
-App icon badges:
Tap to turn on or off.
-On lock screen:
Tap then select the desired option.
-Do not disturb custom exception:
Tap to turn on or off.

Journeyman

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat