cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S9 - Sprint says its unlocked but it's not

Journeyman

Samsung S9 - Sprint says its unlocked but it's not

I paid off and requested an unlock of two Samsung S9s on my account.  One unlocked just fine and ported to the new carrier.  The other one I gave to my son who is on another network.  He put his sim in and it still says it is locked.  We have spent hours on the phone going on six calls now and chats too only to be told it's unlocked, do a factory reset, etc.  We've done all of that and it still doesn't work.  As of now I'm on hold again trying to reach someone...23 minutes so far and nobody has come on.   Is there anyone who can help me from Sprint?  Otherwise I want you to buy this phone back.  I never would have paid off the lease buyout if I knew what a hassle this would be.  

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Samsung S9 - Sprint says its unlocked but it's not

Let me add that I was just hung up after waiting on hold.  I heard someone pickup and then the line disconnected.  The clock just turned over to closing hours, so I guess if you aren't helped by then you get hung up on.  

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Samsung S9 - Sprint says its unlocked but it's not

It's interesting to see that both requests were entered at the same time, but only one is unlocked. I would like to review the phone that's still locked. I'm going to send you a private message to get some of the phone and account information.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat