cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S9 phone call problems...

Journeyman

Samsung S9 phone call problems...

Okay started a week after the satisfaction time frame up was up so couldnt do anything but to either send phone in for repair or get a refurbished phone...didn't want to do that so now stuck with phone til I a. Pay off the phone or b. Wait til end of contract...these are my options after talking about my phone issues with sprint. 

As my phone issues were that I would be on the phone and it would stop the other caller from hearing me right the middle of a conversation. or I could call them back and they still couldnt hear me at all...even after they pick up from me. Sometimes the phone would not even stick and not hang up properly. 

Done numerous of network resets...and problem persists to continue. Have continued to thought to change carriers but don't want to because family is with sprint...and going try get discount with auto insurance...if anyone encounters this...be aware you are not alone.. 

20 REPLIES 20

Re: Samsung S9 phone call problems...

Oh my, this sounds very annoying. This is the first that I've heard of this issue. I'd be happy to look into this for you. When did you get your device? Are you using WIFI calling? Is there silence or does the call hang up? Do you get a busy signal when this happens?  Now, you said you've done numerous of network resets, have you tried updating the data profile and the PRL? These would be different than the network reset. We would hate to see you leave. Let's get your phone working again. 

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

?Lover of Everything Magical ?
Please give glitter coated Kudos and crown thee with Accepted Solutions.
Journeyman

I have done an update PRL and an update profile.

I'm way past the date for the satisfaction warranty date. I got it in the beginning of June and this problem started at the end of June. I have no choice but to use the wifi calling and lte calling.

It goes dead silent half way through the phone call. As well.. when to call back...you can hear the other person but they can not hear you. And then if they call back it takes forever to reach my phone even at 5 rings on their end...or it goes straight to my voice mail and I'm not on my phone. Ex. Husband was trying to call my phone and he was right next to me and took 6 rings to my phone and it only rang once on my end. Boss than calls and it goes to voicemail...as I couldnt even hang up the phone...it stuck there for a few mi utes than finally hung up. 

Going to talk to an agent and a supervisor tomorrow more about this...wish to exchange this phone for another make and model.

I see. Ok, have you tried doing a soft reset on the phone? Usually, that will fix any issues with a phone. Press and hold at the same time the Volume Down button, and the Power button until the device restarts or the logo appears. After that, have someone call you, and then you call them to see if that fixed the problem. If that doesn't help, then more than likely we will need to get you to Tech Support for a solution.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

Journeyman

I think it had been done...I have not heard back from anyone yet from sprint regarding to my issue

I see. We can give you a call and connect you to tech support if you'd like. Or if you want to wait for the Supervisor and agent to give you a call, since they know your issue already, they can get you transferred to tech support too if they need to. Let me know.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

Journeyman

I am willing to wait for the agent and supervisor...in which this call is early enough.

Ok, that's perfectly ok. If by chance you don't hear from anyone, please reach back out to us and we can get you over to the right dept for troubleshooting. We are here, Monday- Friday 630am-5pm CST.  Or you may call in, and briefly explain what the problem is, and what you've done, and that you would like to be transferred to Tech Support.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

Journeyman

Okay I'm expecting them to call me within the next hour. If not my father is going be near me and we are going request a supervisor 

Sounds good. Definitely reach back out here in the Community if they are able to fix it and find out what the issue that was causing it.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

Journeyman

Well phone call never came so when my dad is available we both will be calling in. On the issue

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I get your frustration. If it were me I'd ticked off too. Were as we offer a 14 day satisfaction guarantee, which you stated you past that. But Samsung does offer a warrenty as well. Have you reached out to them? If not here's their customer service phone 800.726.7864.

Let me know if you've got any more questions.

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat