cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung UICC Unlock not working

Journeyman

Samsung UICC Unlock not working

Hi,

I've paid off my Galaxy S7 Edge and have tried for several months tried to get it unlocked.

I have tried the ##72786# + Update PRL, Profile, & UICC Unlock.

I've spoken with chat representative and he ensured me the phone was unlocked.

Chat ID: 733907077309452797

I have swapped out the Sprint SIM card with other family member's sim cards to see if that would work, and I am unsure which one was the original one to the phone. I don't know if that will affect it. 

I need help. 

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Samsung UICC Unlock not working

Hi Yeichanlee! Was a Sprint SIM card inserted at the time the unlock signal was sent? Without it, the phone won't be able to receive any information from the network. 

I believe so - it was done remotely over the phone and a "request" was sent. They gave us a time frame of 2 hours or so, but the phones were on and pretty much standby the entire time. 

When was the request submitted? Depending on the number of requests, it can take up to 2 days to be completed. You should receive a confirmation email once we have sent out the unlock signal.

This was many months ago - I have had given up on it and it's become paper weight, but I thought I'd try again. 

Could I request for the "unlock" to be sent again? It's currently on, plugged in, and idle.

When I select Unlock UICC, it gives me "Internal Error (407)", or the endless cycle of "Handless Activation".  

Got it. I can submit another request for you.  Please send me a PM with the following information:

IMEI of phone

First and Last name of account holder phone was last active on.  If it was/is last active on your account, you can provide the phone number it was/is active on 

Best contact email address.

Also be sure to have a Sprint SIM card inserted, keep the phone powered on, and be in an area with either Sprint coverage or preferably connected to WiFi.

I have PMed you the information you requested.

Thank you!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat