cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim unlock

Journeyman

Sim unlock

Yesterday I called to have my device (galaxy s7) unlocked so when I get my new device I can upgrade and have more options for selling my current phone.

I was told it would take 3-5 business days to go through, but I'm wondering if I get my new device Tuesday (which is the estimated delivery date), and my current device isn't unlocked yet, do I have to wait until the unlock request has gone through to activate the new one? I don't have wifi at home so once my s7 is deactivated, I don't have a way to connect to a network to wait for the unlock process to be completed. I also done have a sprint store in town anymore and I'd have to go out of my way to travel almost an hour to the nearest one. 

Is there any way to expedite this process? I do have a case number for any representative that can help me. Thanks for your time. 

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Sim unlock

Won't let me edit my post but the new phone may get here Friday if tracking is correct. So hopefully it gets unlocked soon or someone can help me expedite it. 

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

You don't have to have the previous phone unlocked for the new phone to be activated. Please send me the case number in a private message so I can check on it. I'll also need your phone number and PIN or security answer.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I know it doesn't have to be unlocked for the new one to be activated, but I've heard once the current device is off the network it's harder to get unlocked since it needs a connection to receive that signal or something. Since I don't have wifi access, I figured it would be a problem to get it unlocked after. I'll message you now, thank you 

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

That is correct, you'll need an internet connection to receive the signal. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat