cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since recent update, Google Messages app won't receive MMS

Journeyman HE2
Journeyman

Since recent update, Google Messages app won't receive MMS

Since around the time of the most recent update to my Samsung Note 8 a couple weeks ago, I noticed I would get messages in my Google Messages (app I was using at default txt app) which had a "Download" icon.

Touching the icon would cause the icon to animate briefly.  Nothing would occur however. No image would appear.

I text a friend back and had them resend and then got a text message. Did this with another friend and got an image.

It seems as if something about the update has made the Google Messages app (which I love) stop receiving some MMS messages on this phone.

I say that because I just switched to the default Samsung app and it is able to download the messages (which turned out to be videos for the last two I tried).

I'm unclear what could have happened here but it does seem to be something with the update and Google Messages application.

1 REPLY 1
GrandMaster

Re: Since recent update, Google Messages app won't receive MMS

the Google Messages app might no longer be updated enough after the most recent update to your phone.

start checking for updates for that app.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat