cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: S8/S8+ - CallingPLUS now enabled!

Journeyman

Re: Software Update: S8/S8+ - CallingPLUS now enabled!

I found an old thread on this board in which users describing my exact issue seem to imply that certain apps (including a call recording app) interfere with placing a wi-fi call. While the evidence is compelling, i'm not really enthused about testing this therory by uninstalling other apps one by one. I collected a list of all my apps with granted Phone permissions and tested by uninstalling those. It had no effect.. bummer.

Journeyman

Well, after being one tick away from performing a factory reset on my S8, i decided to revisit the Calling Plus settings one last time. On the bottom of the page where location info is input, there is a button to deactivate. I deactivated Calling Plus, waited about 5 minutes, then reactivated it. Wouldn't you know, both inbound and outbound calling is now working. Perhaps Sprint should add this procedure to their troubleshooting knowledge base. I worked with three different reps over the past several days and no one suggested this. I have to believe others have experienced this problem as well. Something with the initial activation went awry.

Wizard

Alright, Seawolfie, my captain oh captain, when this Oreo dropping for Sprints? 

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s8-android-8-0-oreo-update-now-rolling-out/

The S8+ needs some refreshing love. 

GrandMaster

some time between now and 2019 Smiley Very Happy

you know how it works brotha lol..good seeing you pop in
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Have they mentioned anything about when the chat feature is going to be fixed? Currently it works on 2 of my contacts. My husband has the s7 and enhanced messaging or chat feature turned on and I can not chat with him just text like normal but a friend of mine has the same phone he does and I can chat with her.

GrandMaster

does his chat work fine with other contacts?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

@fireguy_6364 speaks true, @mmark271_  (SeaWolfIE? #dead)

I'm currently carrying the S8 myself so I'm as excited as you are.  Once the update has been thoroughly tested for performance and other factors, it'll be sent out to us.  I won't likely know about that until the day of release.

@ali77935 the proprietary enhanced messaging on the S7 isn't the same as the RCS suite that Samsung integrated into the S8.  I believe it should work but I think there's something else your husband will likely need to enable.  I'll do some research and check back.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Ok awesome yes please let me know. It' very frustrating that we both have it and cant use it.

Journeyman

I have the same issue of my Calling Plus dropping as soon as the dial tone starts. I've done all of this and contacted Sprint several times. Sadly I have no service where I live & so can't make calls. Five minutes away I have service. I need Calling Plus on my S8. 

This is what I've done:

1. Deactivated Calling Plus

2. Updated location.

3. Turned off Data Saver

4. Did a soft reset.

5. Screamed at Sprint on Twitter

6. Talked to 6 different Sprint agents.

The last Sprint agent I spoke to said, sorry if you don't have LTE or 3G, you can't get Calling Plus. What!?

Any other solutions?

Thank you.

Community Manager

Hey SailKat, can you clarify for us?  Which part isn't working: Calling Plus or WiFi calling?  WiFi Calling should work even if you're not in coverage, CallingPlus only works within Sprint LTE coverage.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

To turn on Wi-Fi calling, I have to turn on Calling Plus. I have Wi-Fi calling on and it does not work. 

GrandMaster

you can go into your settings and pull up calling plus and there is an option to shut down either the calling plus side or the wifi calling side..if you are doing this from the quick menu you wont have those options.you will only be able to turn all of it off or on. as for the wifi calling side did you set it up with your location info?
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat