Software Version: N950USQU5DSC1
Release Date: 3/22/2019
Method: Available OTA

Fixes:

Update to Android Pie, bug fixes, and March 2019 Android security patch level

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950U) 3/22/2019

I have the Note 8 and a couple weeks back I received a notification on my phone that the  update to Android 9 was available. I chose to schedule the install during hours I'd be sleep because I was at work and my battery was low. Well, the next morning the update had not been completed. I've been checking for updates manually every since and the message that I receive says that the latest software has been installed but that's not correct. I'm still on Android 8. I called Sprint Tech support and spoke to a representative and a supervisor who told me to contact Samsung. When I contacted Samsung they said there is nothing they could do and I need to contact Sprint again. I really want this update. Can you please assist? Thank you! @Em_Will_I_Am 

Community Manager

You dodged a bullet!  The Pie update once installed killed LTE.  It has been pulled until a fix is determined.

@Ken1978 wrote:

I have the Note 8 and a couple weeks back I received a notification on my phone that the  update to Android 9 was available. I chose to schedule the install during hours I'd be sleep because I was at work and my battery was low. Well, the next morning the update had not been completed. I've been checking for updates manually every since and the message that I receive says that the latest software has been installed but that's not correct. I'm still on Android 8. I called Sprint Tech support and spoke to a representative and a supervisor who told me to contact Samsung. When I contacted Samsung they said there is nothing they could do and I need to contact Sprint again. I really want this update. Can you please assist? Thank you! @Em_Will_I_Am 

Journeyman

Thanks! I wonder why tech support didn't know this.

Community Manager

LOL!  They should!  I would think Samsung would know too.

@Ken1978 wrote:

Thanks! I wonder why tech support didn't know this.

Journeyman

Oh wait, so before the march 26th release that killed LTE there was a march 22nd release that killed LTE - is Sprint's certification process of an OS a total of four days?
GrandMaster

not everyone receives the update on the day of release..it can take roughly a week for everyone to receive the updates. could be what you were seeing.

the Pie update itself is the one that brought in the LTE issues..which is this update.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

Yes, the updates are not released at once, they are usually staggered.  For example:

% target Date Day 
10.00% Tuesday, April 16, 2019
60.00% Wednesday, April 17, 2019
100.00% Thursday, April 18, 2019

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

not everyone receives the update on the day of release..it can take roughly a week for everyone to receive the updates. could be what you were seeing.

the Pie update itself is the one that brought in the LTE issues..which is this update.

Journeyman

Quick question...today 4-19 i got a notice for an update to my note 8. It is a pie update dated 4-1-19. Since i just got it today does that meen you have started the push again or should i ignore it at all costs?

Journeyman

Quick question...today 4-19 ,i got an update download notice for my note 8. It is a pie upgrade download dated 4-1. Have you guys started the push again?? Is it safe or should i ignore the update?

Journeyman

SmartSelect_20190420-002929_Software update.jpg

Journeyman

I downloaded and installed the update. The LTE works fine but my battery life took a major hit. I cant win for losing 😞.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat