Software Version: N950USQS4CRE1
Release Date: 5/24/2018
Method: Available Over the Air

Fixes:

May 1, 2018 Android Security Patch Only

39 REPLIES 39
Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950U) 5/24/2018

I just completed the over air update on my Note 8. Now my phone does not see my sd card. I removed and inserted it. I restarted my phone. What happened?

Community Manager

What class of SD card is it and does the SD card work in other devices? 

Journeyman

Samsung 128GB EVO Micro SDXC up to 48MB/s  and it works in my Galaxy Book. I am able to see the files and open them.

Community Manager

OK, Class 10 card.  Nice card by the way.  OK, sometimes after an update some the of the temporary old files are now irrelevant and it causes conflict to the new one, so, it must be manually cleared through Recovery mode. Don’t worry, it won’t delete any important files on your device.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe cache partition’.
  5. Press Power button to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key until ‘yes’ is highlighted and press the Power button.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.

After it boots back up, try the SD card.

Journeyman

I followed the steps to wipe cache. By the way, I did that last night while chatting with a tech from Samsung+. Still the same result, ST Card "not inserted". From a Sprint Care tech on twitter, I was instructed to and so I did turned off the device, removed the sd card and wiped it using nail polish remover on a cotton pad. Still the same result. 

Community Manager

If the device is not reading the card, yet it can be read in other devices, it sounds like a hardware issue. I recommend to have your device checked at a service and repair center. 

Journeyman

I took it to the Corporate Store. It was recommended I save the info on my card to another device and then format the card. I was able to move all of the files. But I was not able to format due to a corrupt file. I could not even delete that file from the SD card. Therefore, I purchased a new card. While in the store, the technician placed another card in my phone and my phone recognized the new card. 

Community Manager

That's cool you did not lose all of your info.

GrandMaster

did you try to reformat the sd card through the phone or another route?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I tried on the phone, Galaxy Book and my Laptop. All 3 devices appeared to be formatting the card, but eventually displaced the format was unsuccessful.

GrandMaster

yeah for sure SD card failure. im not to sure there are any other ways to format the SD card for your device aside from putting it in and using the phone itself to format it..thats how i always do it..well you know..as long as its not broken lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat