Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950U) 5/24/2018

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950U) 5/24/2018

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

you were already given an answer. once it clears testing its then given the ok to be released..once it clears testing and any bugs or issues are fixed. TMO released theirs because...it cleared all testing done by the carrier and LG was given the ok to release it...

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

you were already given an answer. once it clears testing its then given the ok to be released..once it clears testing and any bugs or issues are fixed. TMO released theirs because...it cleared all testing done by the carrier and LG was given the ok to release it..

I will decide if its an acceptable answer, and as i stated, TMO got the update yesterday, and sprint hasn't. Can we get some cooperation please and a solution.

I have already contacted samsung and its VERIFIED completed and sent to sprint. I suggest anyone that doubts, call samsung to get the same answer there. 

GrandMaster

whether you like the answer or not its still the answer..the community manager is the one that more than once has given you the answer...the same answer....he is as high up in here as you can get.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

whether you like the answer or not its still the answer..the community manager is the one that more than once has given you the answer...the same answer....he is as high up in here as you can get.

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

you are not the manager, and i would appreciate respecting my requests and not assume speaking for the moderator. I moderate my own forums elsewhere. 

and please see 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. 

Why assume speaking for others.

GrandMaster

you are starting to wear it a bit then in here devil. completed and sent to Sprint...as in they then test it to give it the yay or nay for it to be released..released BY THE OEM!! OEM=Samsung in this case.

the carrier does not send it out..as it was told to you multiple times now..the OEM releases it when its finally cleared by the carrier..in this case Sprint....after its done being tested. the OEM then pushes it out to their devices OVER THE CARRIERS NETWORK...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

Community Manager

Asked and answered.  Once it passes lab testing, it will be deployed.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

how many times do you need him to say the same thing over and over for you when he could be assisting someone else.

Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

you are starting to wear it a bit then in here devil. completed and sent to Sprint...as in they then test it to give it the yay or nay for it to be released..released BY THE OEM!! OEM=Samsung in this case.

the carrier does not send it out..as it was told to you multiple times now..the OEM releases it when its finally cleared by the carrier..in this case Sprint....after its done being tested. the OEM then pushes it out to their devices OVER THE CARRIERS NETWORK...

please stop TELLING people. Im a grown intelligent adult thats highly educated, as I suggest not replying back to help you ease.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 wrote:
Community Manager

how many times do you need him to say the same thing over and over for you when he could be assisting someone else.

NO logical and satisfactory conclusion to my request for information.

Journeyman

@dontcountmeout wrote:

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

you were already given an answer. once it clears testing its then given the ok to be released..once it clears testing and any bugs or issues are fixed. TMO released theirs because...it cleared all testing done by the carrier and LG was given the ok to release it...

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

you were already given an answer. once it clears testing its then given the ok to be released..once it clears testing and any bugs or issues are fixed. TMO released theirs because...it cleared all testing done by the carrier and LG was given the ok to release it..

I will decide if its an acceptable answer, and as i stated, TMO got the update yesterday, and sprint hasn't. Can we get some cooperation please and a solution.

I have already contacted samsung and its VERIFIED completed and sent to sprint. I suggest anyone that doubts, call samsung to get the same answer there. 

@dontcountmeout wrote:

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

I will for my happiness not post anymore requests, as a form of self respect. it seems asking is a form of debate. im not in that classification.

Community Manager

@dontcountmeout wrote:

@fireguy_6364 wrote:
Community Manager

Then I don't know what else to tell you other than you will get it when you get it.  So far we have gone in circles all morning and a bit of the afternoon. 

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@dontcountmeout wrote:

@fireguy_6364 wrote:
Community Manager

Then I don't know what else to tell you other than you will get it when you get it.  So far we have gone in circles all morning and a bit of the afternoon. 

going in circles because no one is on board, and not siding with reason. IT isnt circular, when i know the facts and others cant see that I did the research, and I know the lab testing is done. I will assume others are allegedly right, but until i see or hear about tangible evidence, its an opened ended non-conclusive solution.

Journeyman

So it's kind of odd that sprint misses Jun and July security path yet the unlocked note 8 received an update with the July security patch. And if memory serves me correct sprint has to approve a build before Samsung can release it to the unlocked devices. Which begs the question as to how sprint could approve a build yet still be testing the build. 

GrandMaster

why would sprint have to clear anything on a unlocked device? they do not contain ANY sprint branded apps or build ins..so why would they be doing any testing on them? they do not..only on the carrier specific ones...namely the ones built for them.

that would be like saying they must test the updates for the Nexus line..they do not. those come direct from the OEM after they do their own testing.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat