cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950U) 5/24/2018

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950U) 5/24/2018

No I did not. I was able to save the info on my Galaxy Book. I will transfer it when my new SD card arrives. 

Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950U) 5/24/2018

ok, what gives. tmo,verizon, att has updated note 8. why no logical reason of the really late update and why no one knows in sprint, as its the carrier, of why no knowledge of timeline. Next, i see us waiting for julys firmware. really.

Community Manager

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950U) 5/24/2018

Some times carriers are first with MRs, sometimes they are last.  However, we do not release anything until it has passed testing.  The June security patch is more geared for Pixel devices. There are not any singular "big" issues addressed.

GrandMaster

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950U) 5/24/2018

Sprint does not give out any info until the update is about to push or is in the process. been this way for ever..mainly due to the fact that the update can get pulled for last minute found issues etc.

*********************************************************
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950U) 5/24/2018


@fireguy_6364 wrote:

Sprint does not give out any info until the update is about to push or is in the process. been this way for ever..mainly due to the fact that the update can get pulled for last minute found issues etc.


tmo, got thier firmware today, att and verizon 2 days ago, and its  10 days late. we always get monthly security update patches. Am i confused somewhere. I even post when we get firmware updates.It seems now suddenly, with humor now, samsung says call sprint, sprint says samsung.When will someone internally seek out concrete evidence instead of speculation. Only sprint is lagging behind. see on the web and one will find its true other carriers are on the ball. Mtbe when the tmo merger is complete, we wont have to constantly worry if or not we get regular firmware updates.

GrandMaster

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950U) 5/24/2018

when its no longer a risk of their job to post it..

 

this has been a rule of Sprints for MANY years..the agents in here do not make the rules..they only have to follow them..or find a new career.

*********************************************************
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950U) 5/24/2018


@dontcountmeout wrote:

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

Sprint does not give out any info until the update is about to push or is in the process. been this way for ever..mainly due to the fact that the update can get pulled for last minute found issues etc.


tmo, got thier firmware today, att and verizon 2 days ago, and its  10 days late. we always get monthly security update patches. Am i confused somewhere. I even post when we get firmware updates.It seems now suddenly, with humor now, samsung says call sprint, sprint says samsung.When will someone internally seek out concrete evidence instead of speculation. Only sprint is lagging behind. see on the web and one will find its true other carriers are on the ball. Mtbe when the tmo merger is complete, we wont have to constantly worry if or not we get regular firmware updates.


Not exactly sure what you mean by 10 days late.  They are not on a schedule with a due date of the first of the month.  There is no humor involved, I told the same story always.  OEM creates the MR, sends to carriers to test, carrier test and send back to OEM to fix issues or for deployment.  OEM submits to GOTA. I stand by my earlier, once it passes testing, it will be deployed.

Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950U) 5/24/2018


@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@dontcountmeout wrote:

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

Sprint does not give out any info until the update is about to push or is in the process. been this way for ever..mainly due to the fact that the update can get pulled for last minute found issues etc.


tmo, got thier firmware today, att and verizon 2 days ago, and its  10 days late. we always get monthly security update patches. Am i confused somewhere. I even post when we get firmware updates.It seems now suddenly, with humor now, samsung says call sprint, sprint says samsung.When will someone internally seek out concrete evidence instead of speculation. Only sprint is lagging behind. see on the web and one will find its true other carriers are on the ball. Mtbe when the tmo merger is complete, we wont have to constantly worry if or not we get regular firmware updates.


Not exactly sure what you mean by 10 days late.  They are not on a schedule with a due date of the first of the month.  There is no humor involved, I told the same story always.  OEM creates the MR, sends to carriers to test, carrier test and send back to OEM to fix issues or for deployment.  OEM submits to GOTA. I stand by my earlier, once it passes testing, it will be deployed.


10 days means its nearly july 10th.

GrandMaster

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950U) 5/24/2018

maybe im missing something but where does it say at what point in that month they will kick them out by?

*********************************************************
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950U) 5/24/2018


@fireguy_6364 wrote:

maybe im missing something but where does it say at what point in that month they will kick them out by?


can i get a reply as to why no update yet.

 

look here 

VERSIONRELEASE DATEENHANCEMENTSSTATUS

Android 8.0

Baseband version:

N950USQU4CRF3

July 8, 2018

Incorrect Time & Date bug fixed

Camera fixes

Various bug fixes and system improvements

 

 

 

THATS TMOBILE YESTERDAY. Now does anyone understand. WHERES ours! I asked a direct question

 

why more questions with my query, as its a clear cut RFI. request for information. If no ones know, just say, don't know.

 

im not debating on this thread, simply asking a logical question.

GrandMaster

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950U) 5/24/2018

you were already given an answer. once it clears testing its then given the ok to be released..once it clears testing and any bugs or issues are fixed. TMO released theirs because...it cleared all testing done by the carrier and Samsung was given the ok to release it...

*********************************************************
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950U) 5/24/2018

Asked and answered.  Once it passes lab testing, it will be deployed.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat