cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950U) 5/24/2018

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (N950U) 5/24/2018

Unless Samsung is lying when they discribed the update process for the unlocked galaxy s8-n8 all four major carriers must sign off on the build(test the build to ensure that it works properly on their network) here is an explanation https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S8-Questions-and-Answers/UPDATE-OREO-for-Galaxy-S8-amp-No... just saying sprint has verified the build functions properly minus some of the bloat but all network functionality works properly. 

GrandMaster

you should probably read the comments just below it.

heck i found a great response in there...and thats only on page one..all the Sammy agent did was try to vet the problem onto someone else and not them.

the only thing the carrier tests is their specific versions..why would they waste time and effort on something they dont make anything on? or the fact that they wont even know if anyone will bring one to their network or not. odds are there will be some but again waste of time and money.

Cosmic Ray

Re: UPDATE: OREO for Galaxy S8/+ & Note 8 UNLOCKED

[ Edited ]

This makes no sense. Samsung sent out updates extremely quickly for 2 carrier versions and an unlocked version for each build, on top of fixing bugs and adding new features.

Then there are the international versions, which do not follow this at all. Their unlocked versions got it first, or followed quickly after the carrier versions.

Finally, is this supposed also explain why unlocked is usually several months behind in security updates? It takes Samsung and its carriers that long to vet updates? That's bullc###. If it's true, then your update system seriously needs to be revamped when your competitors don't have the same problems.

When Oreo finally comes to unlocked, we better have all the carrier features we're missing like visual voicemail, Wi-Fi calling and so on..."

or

"

Constellation

Re: UPDATE: OREO for Galaxy S8/+ & Note 8 UNLOCKED

Sounds a little unjustified (BS). Are you telling me that for the international unlocked version, you need approval from every carrier in the world? I don't see you guys doing that and managing a release for the international version a FULL month early."

last response on page two was pretty funny as well lol. but i'll leave that up to you to read those

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Just incase you thought I was lying about sprint approving the build that the unlocked note 8 just got https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-note8/SM-N950U1/SPR/download/N950U1UES5CRF6/226292/

That's a link to the Odin files for the sprint specific build https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-note8/SM-N950U1/SPR/

And here is a link to every build that sprint has released. So as I said at this point sprint is the holdup on releasing an approved build. 

Community Manager

Folks, I'm closing this thread as the question is honestly academic.  Regardless of where the delays lie, we down here in the customer service world usually do not get any information about the status of those releases until just before or just as it's released.  Please be patient and understanding that we share what we can when we can.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat