cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Oreo)

Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Oreo)

I only had one app waiting to be updated since I have it on automatic updates.
Community Manager

@ankaren1 wrote:
Should I get out of Safe Mode to complete this step and ensuring all of the apps are up to date on the play store? By the way, I really appreciate your help.

My bad.  Yes, just simply reboot the phone and let it load normally.  After it has booted, open the Google Play Store, hit the 'hamburger' (3 horizontal lines) in the upper left, tap "My apps & Games" and "Update All" on the next screen.

GrandMaster

safe mode basically shuts down all 3rd party apps and makes the phone act like its brand new with zero outside apps loaded on it. easiest way to rule out if its app related or not.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

out of curiosity...which app was waiting for an update?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

@ankaren1 wrote:
I only had one app waiting to be updated since I have it on automatic updates.

Now the hunt begins.  I would start with any apps that involve sound or messaging and that would want to have permissions.  At that point, you would either enable/disable permissions or uninstall altogether.

Journeyman

AccuWeather
Journeyman

By the way, I keep seeing Sprint Hub; requests are processing. What is Sprint Hub?

Community Manager

@ankaren1 wrote:

By the way, I keep seeing Sprint Hub; requests are processing. What is Sprint Hub?

Sprint Hub is a background app which installs Sprint branded applications.  Sprint Hub has always been installed, it is now visible due to the Oreo requirements around background processes.

Impacted applications:

• Premium Caller ID
  • VVM
  • Sprint Spot
  • App Spotlight
  • Tidal
  • Secure Wi-Fi

Solution to remove any persistent notifications:

• Update the six applications above
GrandMaster

i wouldnt think accuweather would be the culprit but you never know with the type of permissions these apps request.

as for Sprint hub...no clue on that one..not even sure my device has it on here lol (not a sammy phone and not updated to Oreo as of yet).

Journeyman

from the google play store, all of my apps are up to date. Is there a way to just update an individual app?
GrandMaster

if you have auto update turned off you can pick and choose which updates to update as they pop up. you might even power cycle your phone in case it kicks up any other apps that are needing updated.

personally this is how i do it so i know what is needing updated and what its bringing in or changing. and if the worst were to happen i know which apps were updated the most recently.

Journeyman

i got a real nutcracker, when starting device on homescreen i get a sprint notification thats short says checking OMADM, anyone else get that

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat