Community Manager

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960U) 2/4/2019

Samsung - Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960U)

Software Version: N960USQU1CSAA
Release Date: 2/4/2019
Method: Available OTA

Fixes:

Upgrade to Android Pie OS

Includes Android security patch level January 2019 and bug fixes.

I Got Pie on My Samsung and It's Totally Different!!

18 REPLIES 18
Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960U) 2/4/2019

What's going on with Calling+ or volte?

Community Manager

Calling Plus = Nope

VoLTE = TBD

@E_Ack wrote:

What's going on with Calling+ or volte?

Journeyman

Is there any logical reason why they will not temporarily return the calling plus (while working on whatever volte issue there may be)? It is by far the greatest drawback to this phone.

I would truly like to understand.

Tags (2)
Journeyman

Yes, it is very short-sighted on their part.
Journeyman

I got the update to Pie and it broke the compass causing some of my maps to stop working. … went to the Samsung forum and saw 1000's of complaints of the same problem.  I then spent a few hours with Sprint tech. He finely informed me that it was a firmware problem and there was nothing Sprint could do. so, here I am with a two month old 1000 dollar broken phone. Now my question is, will Spring get Samsung or someone to release a fix or did Sprint just cheat me out of 1000 dollars.  

Journeyman

I'm awaiting an answer myself. No one seems to have a clue.

GrandMaster

that tends to be how ALL updates work..if a issue is spotted then the carrier reports this to the OEM..in this case Samsung..they both work on figuring out the cause and possibly a fix..test it..confirm the fix worked and didnt jack up something else..then a bug fix update is pushed.

@GaryMatt wrote:

I got the update to Pie and it broke the compass causing some of my maps to stop working. … went to the Samsung forum and saw 1000's of complaints of the same problem.  I then spent a few hours with Sprint tech. He finely informed me that it was a firmware problem and there was nothing Sprint could do. so, here I am with a two month old 1000 dollar broken phone. Now my question is, will Spring get Samsung or someone to release a fix or did Sprint just cheat me out of 1000 dollars.  

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I noticed that the Pie update removed the multi-window/split screen functionality to the GN9. Is there something coming in the near future that will fix or replace that function? Or is there something "the user" could do to get that function back? 

I've been a samsung galaxy user since the 4 model. I thoroughly enjoyed & needed that function for my business!!!

thank you

Journeyman

It is still there. I had to look it up. When you press the bottom left button that used to immediately open the split screen, you now need to click on the icon at the top of the page (see the Screenshot). It is actually a great design. Unfortunately not everything is intuitive.

Screenshot_20190211-155751_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

GrandMaster

yeah just keep in mind that this update was HUGE compared to most OS updates...a ton of stuff was changed around..its one of those updates where you almost have to relearn the phone all over again

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

My bad, I've been offsite training and catching up.  Yes, I can explain it.  The Note 9 has been migrated to a new platform which Calling Plus is not compatible.  That platform gets the Note 9 closer to VoLTE.

@Gaboo wrote:

Is there any logical reason why they will not temporarily return the calling plus (while working on whatever volte issue there may be)? It is by far the greatest drawback to this phone.

I would truly like to understand.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat