cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960U) 2/4/2019

Community Manager

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960U) 2/4/2019

First, I've heard about it, but I've been out of town.  Check the Samsung Community and they got 12 pages of complaints.  I will reach out to Samsung and see what's up.

@GaryMatt wrote:

I got the update to Pie and it broke the compass causing some of my maps to stop working. … went to the Samsung forum and saw 1000's of complaints of the same problem.  I then spent a few hours with Sprint tech. He finely informed me that it was a firmware problem and there was nothing Sprint could do. so, here I am with a two month old 1000 dollar broken phone. Now my question is, will Spring get Samsung or someone to release a fix or did Sprint just cheat me out of 1000 dollars.  

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

That platform gets the Note 9 closer to VoLTE.

So any idea when this is? Closer like March?  2020?

More communication is needed when features are taken away for the promise of a future better feature. Thanks. 

GrandMaster

hard to take a feature away when it wasnt there to begin with...it was never added in the first place..only the wifi calling side of Calling Plus.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

When I go to Settings, Accounts and backup, Backup and restore, Back up data, it shows No backup history.  If I go back and Click Restore data is show Last backed up:  03/01/2019.  Then if I go back to Back up data it now shows Last backed up:  03/01/2019.  And if I close out all the recent APPs and go back to Back up data, it again shows No backup history.

Community Manager

Are you referring to Google Backup or Samsung Backup?

@AngeLoft wrote:

When I go to Settings, Accounts and backup, Backup and restore, Back up data, it shows No backup history.  If I go back and Click Restore data is show Last backed up:  03/01/2019.  Then if I go back to Back up data it now shows Last backed up:  03/01/2019.  And if I close out all the recent APPs and go back to Back up data, it again shows No backup history.

Journeyman

It is the Samsung account back up.

Community Manager

OK, if you have the auto backup set up, the data is back up automatically once every 24 hours, but the phones need to be charging, connected to a Wi-Fi network AND the screen needs to be off for at least an hour.  Keep in mind content will not automatically back up if the cloud storage is full.  So make sure you are signed in with your Samsung ID and you have available cloud storage.

@AngeLoft wrote:

It is the Samsung account back up.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat