Method: Available OTA

Fixes:

April Android Security Patches

Device stability improvements

Data connectivity improvements

24 REPLIES 24
Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S10+ (G975) 4/16/2016

It doesn't fix the problems and actually makes mine worse.

Community Manager

If the device was already in full data failure state, it cannot be recovered by any means even with the new software update and should be replaced.

@uscopy28 wrote:

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

If the device was already in full data failure state, it cannot be recovered by any means even with the new software update and should be replaced.

@uscopy28 wrote:

It wasn't full data loss. Regardless Samsung is bouncing me around because I bought from them.

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@uscopy28 wrote:

I pre-ordered my phone from Best Buy  When I went to my local Sprint store they said they could not replace my phone because I brought it from Best Buy. I called Best Buy and they referred me to Samsung who said they could not replace the phone because it was not a hardware issue. 

What am I suppose to do with a phone that is not fully functional? Whose suppose to provide a replacement phone?

Journeyman

@Lovelybklyn wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@uscopy28 wrote:

I pre-ordered my phone from Best Buy  When I went to my local Sprint store they said they could not replace my phone because I brought it from Best Buy. I called Best Buy and they referred me to Samsung who said they could not replace the phone because it was not a hardware issue. 

What am I suppose to do with a phone that is not fully functional? Whose suppose to provide a replacement phone?

Unless you bought geek squad coverage your best bet is to call Samsung and get a warranty repair. You have to walk through all their hoops, possibly get sent to one of their repair centers, and then they ship your phone off and you get it back in 7-10 business days from the time it arrives there. I convinced the rep to at least give me next day air shipping to and from the repair center.

Journeyman

@uscopy28 wrote:

@Lovelybklyn wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@uscopy28 wrote:

Unless you bought geek squad coverage your best bet is to call Samsung and get a warranty repair. You have to walk through all their hoops, possibly get sent to one of their repair centers, and then they ship your phone off and you get it back in 7-10 business days from the time it arrives there. I convinced the rep to at least give me next day air shipping to and from the repair center.

I've already gone to their repair centers and they said because it was a software issue there was nothing they could do and a new phone wouldn't help. I'm out of options. This is insane and frustrating. 

Journeyman

@Lovelybklyn wrote:

@uscopy28 wrote:

@Lovelybklyn wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@uscopy28 wrote:

I've already gone to their repair centers and they said because it was a software issue there was nothing they could do and a new phone wouldn't help. I'm out of options. This is insane and frustrating. 

So you went to a Samsung Authorized Repair Center? Ok call back Samsung support. Do you have a ticket number? Tell them you have done multiple factory resets, network resets, prl and profile updates, basically everything you can do to fix the issue and nothing works. Tell them you have now gone through 3 updates and nothing has fixed it. Tell them you need a warranty repair and you need next day air shipping. Do not get off of the phone until that happens. Tell them you already went to the repair store and they said they couldn't do anything and to call Samsung back. Or you can wait for this supposed firmware update that is rumored to be coming Friday. I had no faith in that so I just gave in. Best case scenario Samsung just updates my firmware with the fix and I get it back. Worst case they swap out the main board.

Journeyman

I have not read anyone saying to S10 update on 4/16/19 fix the LTE problem.  Can a couple people confirm it did or did not fix the S10 LTE problem?

Journeyman

My phone is still having issues.  With all updates it has had. This is horrible.  Never experienced so much with a Samsung phone.

Journeyman

It has not helped me
Journeyman

So how do we get them to change how phones if the issue still occurs after update?
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat